missing problem

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

DDarien
Engineer
Engineer

missing problem

Post by DDarien »

hello, i recently deleted brdgcaus.dat from the dat folder because i didnt use it at all and it didnt appear on the scenario anyway even if included and now the game wont let me choose trains to put in a custom scenario or load any scenario with normal trains because it says "this vehicle needs brdgcaus.dat!!!

help me to resolve this i dont want to install caus again because for me its useless!!
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: missing problem

Post by Gwyd »

So other than not having any apparent use, what is the problem with having this file installed? From what I can see, it is quite the opposite of useless...
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

DDarien wrote:hello, i recently deleted brdgcaus.dat from the dat folder because i didnt use it at all and it didnt appear on the scenario anyway even if included and now the game wont let me choose trains to put in a custom scenario or load any scenario with normal trains because it says "this vehicle needs brdgcaus.dat!!!

help me to resolve this i dont want to install caus again because for me its useless!!
Well your problem is simple, you either re install the dat or you spend time trying to work around it and you may even end up having to re install locomotion and redo every single one of your saved games as the games structure is based around the dats in the objdata folder at the time of their creation.

Your choice, personally I'd put the dat back which will take like 5 seconds when you have it and save myself a huge amount of hassle in trying to work around it.
DDarien
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DDarien »

ok guys i solved it, i copied all the objects to another folder, used the backup tool to remove all the objects from my loco file and leave it clean, then copied the old objects back to the loco objdata without overwriting already existing objects and the game worked normal again

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”