Problem with the winery

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

matej5130
Engineer
Engineer

Problem with the winery

Post by matej5130 »

So I bought Locomotion in a local shop a couple of years ago, and I decided to play it again yesterday. Today I played again and I have a problem with the Winery.
So I delivered the grapes to the winery and the winery produced goods. Now, since the town it's near doesn't have buildings I don't have anywhere to deliver the goods. My boxcars are filled with goods and I can't transport the grapes anymore. Should I wait for the town to grow or stop delivering grapes?
If trees make Oxygen, what makes trees?
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Problem with the winery

Post by Walter1940 »

The problem is that the cities only grow fast if you supply them with anything or build the local traffic.
I personally would take the fastest locomotive and look for the largest city on the map. These are then supplied with goods. Because goods do not lose value as fast as grapes.

Btw. Is this a mission or a free map?
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hello matej5130, and welcome to the forums...

You could also download my new version of the food-mod. It has a few cargos in it that can spoil along the way and I have modded those cargos so that they will last a little longer and payments are given for it...Here are the cargos that I mentioned. The new food-mod will come out soon and then you can use the rest of the mod as well...

Here are the files:
FOOD.DAT
(974 Bytes) Downloaded 77 times
grain.dat
(904 Bytes) Downloaded 76 times
GRAPES.DAT
(892 Bytes) Downloaded 76 times
Hope this helps...One more in the next post :wink:
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 14 May 2017 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

matej5130 wrote:So I bought Locomotion in a local shop a couple of years ago, and I decided to play it again yesterday. Today I played again and I have a problem with the Winery.
So I delivered the grapes to the winery and the winery produced goods. Now, since the town it's near doesn't have buildings I don't have anywhere to deliver the goods. My boxcars are filled with goods and I can't transport the grapes anymore. Should I wait for the town to grow or stop delivering grapes?
Three ways

Do as Walter says and build the quickest fastest line to the nearest major city that takes goods

Do as EDS says and change the dat files by inserting the no spoil varient..

Or

You can alter the xml for one particular wagon so it accepts and carries only grapes and use that, so by the time the nearest city accepts goods you'll be able to then use the later wagons to carry the goods to there, just pick one that you wouldn't use and change that cargo to solely grapes and that takes care of the problem.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

How about maybe not editing the files and instead adding a command in the route that makes the train leave the goods at the station?

Stop at station 1
Wait for full load of grapes
Stop at station 2
Unload all goods

That's what I do with lumber and paper sometimes.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

Zakos wrote:How about maybe not editing the files and instead adding a command in the route that makes the train leave the goods at the station?

Stop at station 1
Wait for full load of grapes
Stop at station 2
Unload all goods

That's what I do with lumber and paper sometimes.
Because I have noticed when using the winery that the wagons pick up cargo at the winery and take it back to the vineyard, even if I set a flag to unload all cargo at the winery.
That flag sadly is not an infallible method to prevent back hauling of cargo, about the only way is to use a wagon specific to that cargo and no other, so the frame only lumber wagons for lumber or the covered hoppers for grain, if you use the plug door boxcars then they will take food back to the wheat farm.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”