Edit scenarios

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

starcraftguy1
Engineer
Engineer

Edit scenarios

Post by starcraftguy1 »

Is there anyway to edit a default/downloaded scenario, such as open it in landscape edit mode?
I downloaded a scenario and the startup industries don't have the 3000 production per month, same goes for default scenarios.
Jagged_bacon
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Edit scenarios

Post by Jagged_bacon »

Yes, this is possible. Take the scenario from the scenario folder and paste it into the Landscapes, then open locomotion and load it. :D
Let the good times roll!
I make locomotion videos! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9pxC ... VuIltm0vhQ
starcraftguy1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by starcraftguy1 »

Jagged_bacon wrote:Yes, this is possible. Take the scenario from the scenario folder and paste it into the Landscapes, then open locomotion and load it. :D
I didn't think this was possible, I don't know why I didn't try it out first. :lol:
BIG THANKS! :D
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

You don't even need to move the files around, you can just browse to the Scenario folder from the ingame file browser window that pop's up when you click on Load Landscape.

AS someone who's familier with RCT2 and LOcomotion (both using the same engine) I've known about editing scenarios like that for ages now.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
crchinoy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by crchinoy »

It took me six years to notice it, but yes, just click the little up-arrow to browse to the "Scenarios" folder.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

NekoMaster is correct.

I have never known what all the fuss is about in moving files into the Landscape folder to open a file in Scenario Editor. You should be able to open any scenario in the Editor from any folder in Locomotion. It seems to work for me.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Greyfox wrote:NekoMaster is correct.

I have never known what all the fuss is about in moving files into the Landscape folder to open a file in Scenario Editor. You should be able to open any scenario in the Editor from any folder in Locomotion. It seems to work for me.
You can actually just browse to any folder on your computer just like you can with OpenTTD, its just a bit finicky because you don't have the shortcuts and quick access stuff to the side or a address bar to type in an exact location.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”