Problems with cargo stations loading in an irregular manner

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

locomotionplayer
Engineer
Engineer

Problems with cargo stations loading in an irregular manner

Post by locomotionplayer »

Hello,
I´ve bought the Steam version of Chris Sawyer´s Locomotion, and the first thing I noticed is that the cargo stations have irregular cargo regimes: while the first station will load 5 tons of cargo per second, after building a second one, it will load 1 ton per second.
I don´t know what to do, and I´ve been building passenger lines after discovering this problem. How can I solve this?
I´m using a Windows 7 32bit.
Thank you.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Problems with cargo stations loading in an irregular manner

Post by Zakos »

If you have an established station and you pick up its cargo on a regular basis, then the industry you're using will be slow to give its cargo to another new station, even if it's yours. If you don't want to split cargo between stations, just build another platform close enough to the first one and they'll count as the same station.
locomotionplayer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by locomotionplayer »

Zakos wrote:If you have an established station and you pick up its cargo on a regular basis, then the industry you're using will be slow to give its cargo to another new station, even if it's yours. If you don't want to split cargo between stations, just build another platform close enough to the first one and they'll count as the same station.
Thanks for answering, but that´s not the problem. After building one station, the cargo there will load at 5 tons per second, and if I build another station immediately after the first one, it will load at 1 ton per second.
mathwizi2005
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mathwizi2005 »

Is this a different station (different name) or is this a 2nd platform for the first station?

If its a 2nd platform, there should be no issue. If its another complete station, the industry is trying to deliver to both stations but its production doesn't actually change.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”