Road Stations & One-Sided Stations

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Road Stations & One-Sided Stations

Post by ChrisMatic »

Oh boy, this game is just giving me issue after issue.

So i have The Valuables Mod V4.0 and a few other mods located within my installation, but something seems to be off with the road stations installed into my game. Here's what i'm talking about:

As you can see, all of the loading bay stations are marked, but the default stations (save for the passenger stop and one terminus) aren't. Even when starting a new scenario with the Empty Region i got from this site, the problem persists.

What can i do to fix this? I know it doesn't seem like a big issue, but the AI now uses the coal loader for tram stops, even with the cargo bays and termini selected within the scenario.
Last edited by ChrisMatic on 16 Jun 2016 00:52, edited 4 times in total.
Regards,

Chris S.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Road Stations

Post by Zakos »

I've never played around with this EDS mod before, but I can tell you this:
Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:(On request a message to warn people about the original tracks and roads being overwritten, because of this it might give some trouble with the original scenarios in the game, but that's also mentioned in the included Readme File as well !!! As some people forget to read the file sometimes !)
ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChrisMatic »

So...i need a copy of the original road DAT file?

Guess i'll reinstall the game then.

EDIT: Nevermind, i got the original file from the CLW Utah Map files.

However, i have a new issue: adding stations to the ROADTRAM.dat file. For some reason, i can't add new stations to it. I've tried everything, but the Locotool Wrapper for some reason won't save the changes i put in the .xml file generated by Locotool. Am i doing something wrong?
Regards,

Chris S.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

In order to update the code, you need to drop the .xml file on Locotool.exe in order to create the new .dat file (the original will become a backup).

(Original comment)
Are you saying that you edit the file with Locotool, use it successfully, then use Locotool Wrapper on it?
Last edited by Zakos on 06 Jun 2016 22:27, edited 3 times in total.
ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChrisMatic »

I deconstruct the original .dat file in Locotool, edit the new .xml file created by Locotool, and then run it through the Wrapper, making a new .dat file. However, when i run the new .dat through Locotool, the changes do not appear in the .xml file, and the track remains unchanged.
Regards,

Chris S.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

You don't use Locotool Wrapper for that. It's a tool that changes variables on vehicles, not stations or road.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Sorry about the edit; I didn't know you would respond so quickly.
ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChrisMatic »

Oh, okay. I'll see if it works.

EDIT: Nope, nothin'. Same old reverting of changes, even when placing the file back into Locotool instead.

Geez, i don't remember this to be that much of a royal pain in the arse.
Regards,

Chris S.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

When you add a new station, do you increase the variable "numstations" accordingly?
ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChrisMatic »

Yes, from [0] to [3], as i'm adding four stations. Is this correct?

EDIT: Okay, i fixed it. I'm not gonna explain how, but i fixed it. Sorry for all the stupid...stupidity, and thanks for your time, Zakos.
Regards,

Chris S.
ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChrisMatic »

Oh for the love o' god...

Well, turns out my "solution" didn't do jack s***. I still, for some g*****n reason, cannot add new stations to my ROADTRAM.dat file. I've tried the original, the backup from CLW, and the modified Valuables Mod 4.0 version. Nothing works!

This is ridiculous: everything i try, no matter it be using different versions of the file, different computers, different programs...all actions seem to be futile. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Here's the code in my .xml file, in case i did something wrong:

Code: Select all

<useobject desc="station[0]" class="18">BUSSTOP </useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[1]" class="18">CARTLOAD</useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[2]" class="18">RDSTAT13</useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[3]" class="18">RDSTAT14</useobject>
Please, if anyone can help me with this, i won't be able to thank you enough. I'm on the verge of throwing my PC at the wall.
Regards,

Chris S.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Sorry, this one is on me. Numstations for a road should be set to 0, as it has no effect for some reason. It's most likely because road stations and railroad stations are classed differently in the game's code.

Instead, adjust the variable Field_15[7] to the number of stations. This also applies to tram track.
ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChrisMatic »

Aw, finally! That's just what i was missing.

Sorry for all the trouble: this editing is really hard to pull off without error. Thanks for all the help!
Regards,

Chris S.
ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChrisMatic »

Just once more: thank you for all your time Zakos. I can't thank you enough for getting my game up to snuff!
Regards,

Chris S.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [FIXED] Road Stations

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

ChrisMatic wrote:So i have The Valuables Mod V4.0 and a few other mods located within my installation, but something seems to be off with the road stations installed into my game. As you can see, all of the loading bay stations are marked, but the default stations (save for the passenger stop and one terminus) aren't. Even when starting a new scenario with the Empty Region i got from this site, the problem persists. What can i do to fix this? I know it doesn't seem like a big issue, but the AI now uses the coal loader for tram stops, even with the cargo bays and termini selected within the scenario.
The empty region is also one of my mods. The reason all of the roadstations from the valuables mod where selected is because the included roadfiles also have these stations selected. I see the problem is now solved, but I can give you one small advice. When you're having trouble putting stations, bridges or signals into a road or track file, you could also take a good look at my topic "Problems with Bridges" wich can be found in my caption at the bottom of my posts...
Here you can find a large explanation on how to solve such issues, so I hope this works.

You could also look at Illegal Alien's topic on how to add things to roads and tracks wich you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29348

And if you need help with something in the future don't hesitate to ask :wink:

Regards,

Erik
ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

One Sided Stations

Post by ChrisMatic »

Yeah, i quite like the Empty Region. It's great for creating "template landscapes" using all the objects that i want so i don't have to select them all again every time i make a new scenario.

Also, i just have one more little problem to work out. I'm trying to open the Wooden One-Sided Station included with the CLW Provo Scenario (TREXFRTW.dat) and the One Sided-Station that you made (ONESIDES.dat) with Locotool. However, upon trying to open them when i normally would, both cause Locotool to say that "TREXFRTW.dat is not a .dat file".

Is something preventing me from opening this file?
Regards,

Chris S.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Road Stations & One-Sided Stations

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

ONESIDES.dat can be opened by dragging it to locotool, it should work, as it does work on my pc as well. I don't know what's wrong with it, but I don't think it will need a lot of editing. But if you wan't to edit it (for private use of course) here's the file after I dropped it to locotool:
ONESIDES opened.rar
(32.04 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
TREXFRTW.dat is a file made by Plastikman. Most of these files are protected from editing and have some sort of security on it. I have one that I got via a friend on the forums wich can be edited because the protection was removed via a special program. I don't know how this protection can be removed, but Zimmlock does know how to do that. He gave me that file, but I can't share it. Plastikman probably had his reasons for protecting some of his files and I can't help you with that.

So at least you can look at the included ONESIDES.dat, but for the other files you must find other ways to open it...

Regards,

Erik
ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Road Stations & One-Sided Stations

Post by ChrisMatic »

Ah, well, thank you anyway EDS.
Regards,

Chris S.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”