Great Britain and Ireland - 100 Year Challenge

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Great Britain and Ireland - 100 Year Challenge

Post by ChrisMatic »

Hello, all. My name is Chris and i've loved Locomotion and trains in general since i was a toddler. Hi! :)

I have a two little problems with my Locomotion installation. First, the "Great Britain and Ireland - 100 Year Challenge" scenario will not show up in the scenario selection menu. Second, is there a way to change a vehicle's obsoletion date? The steam locomotives in the UK Steam pack from DJC have none, and i'd like to add them to said scenario. Let's face it: stemaers being used in 1990? That seems a little odd, unless it's a preserved steam railway, but this isn't.

Obviously, i can do neither, as i cannot find the scenario itself, and i can't add obsoletion dates to locomotives, as the .dat files are all gibberish.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

Regards,
Chris S. (ChrisMatic)
Regards,

Chris S.
glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Great Britain and Ireland - 100 Year Challenge

Post by glenjimen »

Hello and welcome to the forums!
ChrisMatic wrote:First, the "Great Britain and Ireland - 100 Year Challenge" scenario will not show up in the scenario selection menu. Second, is there a way to change a vehicle's obsoletion date?
I'm not sure about the scenario, as long as the file is in the proper folder, it should show up in the menu.

You can change the obsolete date by opening the .DAT file with LocoTool, which could be found on AMI Trains, now I believe it has been moved to -> http://www.ttdpatch.net/loco/

The .DAT opens into a .XML and a folder of .PNG's. In the .XML change this line :

<variable name="obsolete" size="2">2015</variable> ( 2015 or whatever year the steamer is )
To:
<variable name="obsolete" size="2">65535</variable>

65535 is the highest year allowed.

Then close the .XML with LocoTool again, and replace the original .DAT with the newly generated one.

Good luck!
Visit the Directory --> Loco-Dat-Directory
ChrisMatic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChrisMatic »

Ah, that's just what i needed. Thank you.
Regards,

Chris S.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Glenjimen is right about that way to change those obsolete-dates, but there is a much easyer and quicker way to do that.

Just download Locotool Wrapper, you can find it via the search-button. When you start the program it will give you a few options...One of these options is "no breakdown and no obsolete". If you drop the files that you want to change into the wrapper then to program does all of this for you.

When ready a new folder is created with the same files, with the only difference being that the vehicles in these files are now free of breakdowns and free of an obsolete-date.

Good luck,

Regards,

EDS

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”