Help with NL maglev bridge mod

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

lfelipe
Engineer
Engineer

Help with NL maglev bridge mod

Post by lfelipe »

Hi tt-forums community, I'm new ti the forums and locomotion itself.

I just downloaded the NL pack (awesome pack by the way) and the earth slope mod.

I installed them without problem thanks to the helpfull guides one can find here and over the internet.

The problem is this, while trying to comprehend the .dat files I downloaded locotool and took a look over trackst.dat, and I noticed how that specific .dat worked, so I took a step ahead and made the NL maglev bridge compatible with normal tracks (of course I messed my trackst.dat in the proccess, but I had a backup), and it finally worked.

Then I thought "what if I make normal and earth bridges compatible with maglev tracks?" And I tried it, watching the code carefully, I edited it and when I thought it was done I launched locomotion, but the maglev track didn't appear although it was selected on level editor.

I come here in search of help, or to know if it isn't possible at all.

Thanks in advance.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Help with NL maglev bridge mod

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Welcome to the forums mate, hope you have a good time here :lol:

It's a little late at the moment, but I'll see what I can do...will try some things out tomorrow-evening :wink:

In the mean time, keep on trying and please let me know if it worked or not. If you do manage to get it done, please tell the people here how you did it because it might can help other people as well. In my topic "Problem with bridges" (in my signature) you can also find lots of information about the subject, but it's a good thing that you go and try things out before you ask, that's what I did too when I was a rookie in things like that...

I'm always willing to help people who can honestly say that the tried things out and what they did. There where some members in the past here who kept wining about how difficult it is and that they are too lazy to try things out, believe me I was a screw up too once :roll:

Thumbs up mate, and I'll see what I can do to help !

Greetings,

Erik
lfelipe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lfelipe »

Well, looks like I finally managed how to do it.

With a little investigation I found that the NL pack I downloaded had a modified NLRMGLVT.dat (it is the .dat of the Maglev Track, which name is "NL Region Maglev Track") than the regular NLRMGLVT.dat (which name is "Transrapid Track"), so I downloaded the second one and it had 4 different types of bridge besides the Maglev bridgeand I ran it without problem.

Then I decided to delete the second file and edit the first one I downloaded, it only had the Maglev bridge in its code, so I wrote two lines of code, a line for BRDGBRCK.dat (the brick bridge) and another line for BRDGEART.dat (the earth slopes mod), changed the bridge compatibility number to 3 and compiled it with locotool, then I dragged the .dat to my ObjData folder and launched Locomotion, went to level editor and I selected the NL Transrapid MMU3, then the "NL region Maglev track" selected itself, then I went to adjust the in-game start year to 2015 and saved it, then I opened my newly created level and I could choose between the Maglev Bridge, Brick Bridge and the earth slopes.

Basically the process is the same as with trackst.dat and trackng.dat, but instead editing these you need to edit NLRMGLV.dat file and add pointers to your desired bridges, just like trackst.dat, of course be sure to select a Maglev-compatible train, or you won't be able to build Maglev tracks.

And thanks Emperor Darth Sidious for the quick response, I'm enjoying the forums a lot.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Good work, and good luck keeping track of which bridges are enabled! :wink:

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”