LAN Problem

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

dale54
Engineer
Engineer

LAN Problem

Post by dale54 »

Have been playing locomotion with a friend over LAN and whenever we put a bit of rail down it comes up with 'sharing data with other player' or something like that, anyone know why? It plays perfectly as long as we just use trams, buses and trucks, this message comes up every time you put down a bit of rail :/

Help much appreciated !
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: LAN Problem

Post by Zakos »

If you're getting the "transferring data to other player..." message, you need to make sure your Objdata folders are absolutely identical. Not just the same filenames (e.g. trackst.dat files have to be identical as well).

What I do is I keep two Objdata folders. When I play, only one of them is named Objdata, and this is the one the game reads. When I play alone, I use one with mods, and when I play with my friends, I use my backup of the original folder so that it's identical to my friend's (she has no mods on her installation). But you can successfully play together with mods, just as long as you have the exact same folder as your friend.

Another warning: Unless you want the game to run very slowly (or if you have a powerful computer), get rid of the AI when you're doing multiplayer. It's fun with a friend and AI, but it's not worth the price of speed IMHO.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: LAN Problem

Post by Zakos »

I find that single player is best alone, but multiplayer is best with AI because we don't concern ourselves with mods and looking good.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”