how to put more trains on a route

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

eric_22
Engineer
Engineer

how to put more trains on a route

Post by eric_22 »

I know sort of to put 2 trains on a route by deleting part od the track. Putting the train on and connectong ot up. But I want to put more, and aalso how to managw signals, kindda stuck on that.
Thanks
TJ-99
Engineer
Engineer

Re: how to put more trains on a route

Post by TJ-99 »

I double track almost all of my routes. One track goes east, the other track goes west, kind of like a highway.

Use one way signals to enforce the direction. If you are using the default maximum station size of 16 blocks, place the signals every 17 blocks apart. This set up lets you place a lot of trains on the same track.

The attached screenshot displays double track entering a station. You can see how the one-way signals are set. The signals right at the station are bi-directional.
Use of signals.
Use of signals.
Screenshot12.jpg (436.46 KiB) Viewed 323 times
Hope this helps.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I used to make the signal distances the same as the train length too, but I wouldn't recommend that. The trains will have to stop further behind any that break down or get held up unless the one causing the jam stops perfectly in between signals :wink:

But the rest is right; you can see how it works simply by watching what your competitors build. It may look ugly when they do it, but you'll see two lanes of track and signals every few blocks.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

@eric_22: A simple check in the manual would have solved the problem. If you haven't got one, try the Atari website, if that fails, try an online search for "Locomotion manual" (without the quotes).

You should be able to download it in PDF format. (Acrobat Reader). :roll:
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Engineer

Post by eric_22 »

Manage to do it, thanks guys.

What i was doing wrong was i was adding signals on both directions and on junction points.

Still experimenting as i got money to spend, i got 2 billion to spend :) without cheats
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Play a game for 200+ years and we'll talk :wink:

Two-way signals aren't necessarily wrong, but stick with one-way on the basic layout.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”