Mapgen glitching and unusable, see picture inside post

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

samsonite
Engineer
Engineer

Mapgen glitching and unusable, see picture inside post

Post by samsonite »

Mapgen generates a landscape perfectly fine, but it "scrolls" the heightmap sideways so that the edge of the image does not line up with the edge of the map. The area that's left after the shift is filled in with the bit that gets cut off on the opposite end of the landscape.
Could this be a compatibility issue? The program worked fine when I used it on XP, but now I'm using it for the first time with Windows 7 and this is happening.

Any ideas/suggestions/solutions?
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Mapgen glitching and unusable, see picture inside post

Post by lsbc »

Use in xp mode with same paint editor is a guess bit logical.

It might be the bmp you are using is interlaced which also might be the problem

I had the same problem a long time ago and did my 1st suggestion and it fixed it....

Map gen works fine in xp mode but like most loco utils windows vista on upward causes unforeseen problems
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

lsbc wrote:Use in xp mode with same paint editor is a guess bit logical.

It might be the bmp you are using is interlaced which also might be the problem

I had the same problem a long time ago and did my 1st suggestion and it fixed it....

Map gen works fine in xp mode but like most loco utils windows vista on upward causes unforeseen problems
I had the same issue, I am not sure as I was working using Gimp but I used a larger than specified size canvas to start with and then resized it, the actual drawing etc was fine it was only when I created the landscape that I found I had that edge as you show
I'm not sure if I made the mistake as I forgot to greyscale it using Irfanview and did it in Gimp which is a trickier process and whether it was the fact that the rescaling didn't work as well as it should have

I'll do another random landscape using Gimp at a larger scale and then do the necessary to see if I can recreate the fault
If not it may just be BMP file format was correctly set
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Just a point, I use MapGen on Windows 7, and I don't get any problems. To those that do, try running it in compatability mode, say, Windows XP for example. Works for me.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”