Creating a hand made scenario

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Killianbass3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Creating a hand made scenario

Post by Killianbass3 »

How do yall create maps like the serpent and soldier summit sherman hill etc... I cant figure out how to start or plan a map for a scenario any help would be so kindly appreciated thank you
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Creating a hand made scenario

Post by Zakos »

If you want to use the random scenario generator and create a square-ish landscape like Weatherworld or Feed Flintrock, then use the scenario editor at the main menu. If you want a more realistic-looking landscape, try the Mapgen map generator. Instructions here -> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=61010
Killianbass3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Killianbass3 »

Thank you but I meant like free hand not mapgen because i cant get the heights right
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Then there's no good way to do it without just using the landscape tool on its smallest setting.
Killianbass3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Killianbass3 »

Well do you know what grey scale color setting i should use for the mapgen Because when i use the ones i calculate always skip two levels up like from 16ft to 48ft instead of 16ft to 32ft to 48ft

for example it will do this:

Code: Select all

144 ft                                                                                              _____
128 ft                                                                                    _____/
112 ft                                                                          _____/
  96 ft                                                                _____/       
  80 ft                                                      _____/         
  64 ft                                          -->      |
  48 ft                                           _____/                           
  32 ft                                  -->   |
  16 ft                                _____/
    0 ft                     _____/
 -16 ft           _____/
 -32 ft _____/
This is what happens when i test the color values i calculate as seen no other heights just at the levels

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”