LocoMod not working

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Genje
Engineer
Engineer

LocoMod not working

Post by Genje »

I have downloaded and installed some mods to my game such as the UP mega pack and the digidampfman station kits. I am trying to use these new items in a new save game with nothing in it, just landscape and industries. For the digidampfman station kits i have followed the instructions and activated the koisk forklift, new track, and all the signals/docks that go with it. I have also checked off which vehicles I want in both the objdata tab and the companies/vehicles tab. But none of these things appear in the save game after I exit and save Locomod. Why is this?
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: LocoMod not working

Post by Zakos »

You need to check the vehicles under your company's name in the "Companies" tab, or they will not be available. (You need to do this with vehicles if you add them in after their 'designed' date.) Once they are in, the passenger and goods station baseplates should be available, along with their stations.
Genje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Genje »

I have done this, but it still isn't working. Let me post some pictures to try to explain better.

1.png
(485.98 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
2.png
(370.02 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (249.45 KiB) Viewed 5717 times

As you can see, I have activated the 2 new types of track, their respective vehicles, as well as the Amtrak Acela in LocoMod. But when I open the save game, none of these appear in the game.
Genje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Genje »

I've gotten LocoMod to work a few months ago. I've never had this happen before
OpenRailer90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by OpenRailer90 »

Locomod crashes my custom saves. X(
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Genje wrote:I've gotten LocoMod to work a few months ago. I've never had this happen before
Occasionally I forget to actually save the file before playing Lomo again to test it. It's also possible that the program wants you to add in the station concourses as well (if you haven't already).

Other than that, if you fail to figure it out, you can just edit the scenario itself.
Genje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Genje »

I can't believe I never thought of just editing the scenario itself. Thank you. :bow:

I have a few other saves i want to edit though, so hopefully i can figure out why its not working eventually. I might just reinstall all of the mods from scratch and see if that does anything.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Genje wrote:I can't believe I never thought of just editing the scenario itself.
I don't blame you. I didn't even know it was possible until I joined the forums.

Best of luck, and feel free to ask any other questions on the matter :)
Genje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Genje »

Figured it out! For some reason windows isn't giving LocoMod permission to save files directly into the C:/Programs folder, so the new altered save game was stored in C:/users/%user%/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Programs
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

If there are other users on your computer, it's possible that someone else is the administrator and only they can access the hard disk.
Genje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Genje »

I always use my administrator account, which used to be the only account on my computer. I have recently created a new "guest" account though, so that must have screwed things up. Running Windows 7
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Ah, Windows 7, that makes more sense. You may just have to move the files manually when you edit them, but I wouldn't know. I've only used LocoMod on WinXP.
Genje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Genje »

Yea I figured it out I just had to move the files manually. Thanks for your help :D

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”