Locomotion not running on Windows 7

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Locomotion not running on Windows 7

Post by rdrdrdrd »

no, i was just wondering if you were on one as the operating system they ship with causes problems with some games
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

lol. Well how long do you think it is going to be before someone manages to fix this problem? I'm going to assume most likely never...
Debely
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Debely »

Did you install any new graphic drivers? I just installed it myself and whenever I start it my second screen goes childish and my primary was ok until I started to change ingame resolution. After that it didn't work for like 5 attempts. Then it suddenly worked normally again. It does not seem to give any heed to the compatibility mode or system (had same problems on vista now I'm using 7 64 bit). I do believe it's some sort of a resolution problem with the game itself. Would have to be an expert to solve it. :D
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

as i said in the beginning, go here update your driver.
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/ ... n7-64.aspx
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Driver updated... still no dice...

And Debely, I wouldn't mind have whacky colors right now... My game doesn't even load...
thriff
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thriff »

Erzeal wrote:Works for me on Win 7 Home Premium 64bit. Only problem is if i alt-tab to windows and then go back to the game the graphics become horribly messed up.
cartographer29 wrote:I have the "kiddie colouring book" problem as well, but it seems its only triggered by either ALT+TABing, or if I get a popup, notice, badge, or anything that may appear in the background.
The only 'manual workaround' I've discovered for this is to:
1 Save the game.
2 Quit to the locomotion menu.
3 Click the 'singel/multiplayer mode' button and then close the window that comes up.

And voila the game reloads the color/textures or something and it all goes back to normal colors. After that you can load your game and continue playing.
PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I got a Radeon 6770 HD graphics card for Christmas, and I decided to fire up Locomotion for kicks and giggles. Low and behold, it now runs. I have no clue why, it just does. So :D

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”