Full HD resolution in Locomotion

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Full HD resolution in Locomotion

Post by Densha »

I've downloaded the resolution changer and moved it into the Loco.exe folder. My monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 (16:9). If I type that in the program, and press run, than it keeps 800x600 or it keeps stucking at the red atari logo or other weird things happen. Is there any other thing I have to do?
I'm using Win7 64-bit and selected in the compability tab disable visual themes, desktop composition (if that's the english name, I have dutch windows) and WinXP SP3 mode. Again those weird color problems, but that's another story.
Thanks in advance!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Full HD resolution in Locomotion

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Program doesnt work. Simple as that.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Why would he release a program that doesn't work? Or does it only work with a few other resolutions then the standard?
Plastikman's #1 Fan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Plastikman's #1 Fan »

Yep. I have the same screen resolution, same problem, tried the same thing, no dice for me either. Even the program that's supposed to fix this doesn't support the resolution that either of us needed it for. There's no fixing it. I've had to run it a little bit big and blurry ever since I got this huge new monitor (23", compared to my previous monitor, a measly 15"). I'm afraid you'll have to too.
DO NOT FEED THE GENIUS!
Murphy was an optimist.
Plastikman Rules! All Hail the North American Cargo Pack!
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

What resolution do you use for locomotion then. Because if I select one of those resolutions like 1200 x something, then I get black bars above and below the game, even if it's around 16:9. The only possibility for me is to use the 1280x1024 resolution and change in the settings of my monitor to 4:3 (there's an option for it).
Iced8383
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Iced8383 »

How many inches is your monitor? Mine is a 24" Dell ST2410 with the same resolution as yours. For me Locomotion stretches out the screen rather than putting black bars on the side.
ImageImage
ImageImage
lego_trains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by lego_trains »

Depending on your video driver, locomotion should see your new resolutions in the game. it does natively support widescreen monitors.
you can set the game to something equivilant to 1920x1080.

I find at many of the higher resolutions, things just get tiny as if you zoomed out. Also the game will lag more.
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Mine is a Dell ST2310 (same series :P ), and is 23 inches. I have a Radeon HD4770 vga with the newest driver, but I will try it again.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

I tried and with 1280x720 and it's good, except that I have black bars at every side. But I think that is because of my weird dvi cable: only when I use this DVI cable, then in the BIOS there are at every side, at the exact same places as in locomotion, black bars. When windows starts it's gone. I'm trying to fix this, so I will post again if it's not working then.
lego_trains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by lego_trains »

thats a driver setting.
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

I have no idea what I have to do then in the control center of the driver.
Plastikman's #1 Fan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Plastikman's #1 Fan »

I am not understanding. My computer just stretches the overall picture. No black bars. Just blurriness hell.
DO NOT FEED THE GENIUS!
Murphy was an optimist.
Plastikman Rules! All Hail the North American Cargo Pack!
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

I forgot to post that's it working now, there was an setting in the control center for it.
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

I retried the tool again after a long time, my monitor has a native resolution of 1920x1080 (16:9),too. My sytem is winxp.
If I type 1920x1080 in the tool, save and run it, I get a playable resolution in locomotion of 1600x1080, which isn't bad, but I get a black bar at the right side. To scroll to the right side with the black bar I need to hold down the right mouse button.
I never found a concrete information of this special resolution anywhere, so I thought I should post it ;-)
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

nvidia drivers do a good job stretching it and keeping it playable, i think im getting the loco itch again :]
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Have a 1920 x 1080 monitor, ingame i have set the resolution at 1280 x 800 that works verry good
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
lego_trains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by lego_trains »

I play lomo set to 720P or 1080P on my 64" plasma TV.

In general it looks pretty good.

However, a few mods look completely radioactive or have blue hazing at that size. I would stick with the items made in 3D instead of cheap msts conversions for playing like that.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

lego_trains wrote:I play lomo set to 720P or 1080P on my 64" plasma TV.

However, a few mods look completely radioactive or have blue hazing at that size. I would stick with the items made in 3D instead of cheap msts conversions for playing like that.
Mods made by me? If so i could look at it if its fixable.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
lego_trains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by lego_trains »

Illegal_Alien wrote:
lego_trains wrote:I play lomo set to 720P or 1080P on my 64" plasma TV.

Mods made by me? If so i could look at it if its fixable.
I was referring to pixelbombs. ;)
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I have a GeForce 9800 GT with a 24" wide screen monitor and I use 1280 x 720. That is the correct resolution for a 16:9 monitor. To test it, take a screen shot using that resolution and resize the width to 1600 using constrain, the height will be 900 which is 16:9.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”