Full HD resolution in Locomotion

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Full HD resolution in Locomotion

Post by Densha »

robo wrote:I retried the tool again after a long time, my monitor has a native resolution of 1920x1080 (16:9),too. My sytem is winxp.
If I type 1920x1080 in the tool, save and run it, I get a playable resolution in locomotion of 1600x1080, which isn't bad, but I get a black bar at the right side. To scroll to the right side with the black bar I need to hold down the right mouse button.
I never found a concrete information of this special resolution anywhere, so I thought I should post it ;-)
It works for me too after hassling with annoying scaling options in the AMD drivers. But it's not only black bars at the right side; sometimes instead of the black bars a part of the menu appears. Unfortunately I can't make screenshots of the bars in any way, I included a screenshot of 1600x1080 nonetheless. But it's not really useful I think, because I want it to be aligned into the middle of the screen instead of at the left.
Attachments
Screenshot2.png
(305.97 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

It only takes some time to get used to the black bar at the right side :wink: , but I really prefer this resolution now because my monitor is quite large. Theoretically it would be perfect if you could use the empty black bar for features like the minimap.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

I think so too, but the weird remains of the main menu still keep appearing, and it's really unplayable that way.
TomasHA-SK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TomasHA-SK »

Hi :)
Does anyone know, how to get rid of that black bar on right side in 1920x1080?
Or does anyone know the proper settings for DxWnd, so the image is centered or there is no black bar in 1920x1080?
Thank you :)
Attachments
Locomotion-1920x1080-IntelHD4600.png
Locomotion in Full HD
(1.11 MiB) Not downloaded yet
mathwizi2005
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mathwizi2005 »

One option would be running Loco windowed then.
Use the RCT2 windowed DirectDraw DLL hack, it works with Loco (disk install) and the res changer, you can alt-tab at will w/o getting the palette reverse bug and better yet, since its in a window, the game is NOW video capture capable (I stream the game sometimes)

Only problem is the engine doesn't offer dynamic resizing so you are stuck with a resolution one size smaller then native or you'll get button cutoffs due to the title and task bars (I run at 1600x900 with is acceptable for the bonuses of windowed)

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”