[HOWTO]Add things to Road, Normal Gauge & Narrow Gauge?

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

CCMRT
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [HOWTO]Add things to Road, Normal Gauge & Narrow Gauge?

Post by CCMRT »

Hi,

After changing the <useobject desc="station[0]" class="15">TRSTAT1 </useobject> to <useobject desc="station[0]" class="15">MSTAT1 </useobject>
the Locotool says cant read C\:Users\ABC\Desktop\trackst\000.png : No such file or directory
Please help! :bow:
I'm new to the site :) Excuse my mistakes
Hard work pays off later, laziness pays off now :D
:P LOCOMOTION FOREVER :P
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Add another space.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
CCMRT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CCMRT »

Hi,
Thanks a lot! I finally got it to work.
:D
I'm new to the site :) Excuse my mistakes
Hard work pays off later, laziness pays off now :D
:P LOCOMOTION FOREVER :P
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Before you continue
Be warned: I am not responsible for any damage to your Locomotion installation, or your mariage. Make sure you have a full copy of your working objdata folder.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
SD89MAC
Director
Director

Post by SD89MAC »

IT WONT WORK! wrote:
Badger wrote:
Illegal_Alien wrote:Before you continue
Be warned: I am not responsible for any damage to your Locomotion installation, or your mariage. Make sure you have a full copy of your working objdata folder.
But does it like break your disk? I don't understand it.
No, it means if you do something wrong, you'll have to re-install Locomotion.
Image - Winner of the 2010 - Best New User Award (Locomotion Forum)
Martoon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Martoon »

Hi guys.

I have a quick question :

I'd like to install zimms depots to my Locomotion.
I putted all the files into the ObjData folder
Then I opened the trackst.xml
I added them in lines:

Code: Select all

<useobject desc="station[0]" class="15">TRSTAINV</useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[1]" class="15">TRSTAT2 </useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[2]" class="15">TRSTAT3 </useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[3]" class="15">TRSTAT4 </useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[4]" class="15">TRSTAT5 </useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[5]" class="15">TRSTATFR</useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[6]" class="15">TRSTAFRT</useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[7]" class="15">DEPOT00 </useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[8]" class="15">DEPOT40 </useobject>
	<useobject desc="station[9]" class="15">DEPOT80 </useobject>
But then I was realized that there is just only 7 statiuons possible in locomotion.
But ok then there is just five and the first (Depot00) is just the seventh of them
Everything is in the scenario editor - I selected them, but nothing.
The stations menu can't have them :roll:
Then I searched the savegame in the Locomotion savegame editor and I found that the railway track dont uses these stations ._. Why? What can I do? Please reply :(
Aye!
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Best thing to do is make a choice wich depot's you want to use...I only use 2 myself, because I want to use some other stations as well.

Since you can only use 7 stations the game wont read more of them...

<variable name="numstations" size="1">7</variable>

If you change this line to a higher number the game will crash...so you have to leave it untouched.

So pick on or two you like and replace them with one of the original stations like this, this is how my TRACKST.xml looks like:

<useobject desc="station[0]" class="15">TRSTAINV</useobject>
<useobject desc="station[1]" class="15">TRSTAT2 </useobject>
<useobject desc="station[2]" class="15">DEPOT00 </useobject>
<useobject desc="station[3]" class="15">DEPOT80 </useobject>
<useobject desc="station[4]" class="15">TRSTAT5 </useobject>
<useobject desc="station[5]" class="15">TRSTATFR</useobject>
<useobject desc="station[6]" class="15">TRSTAFRT</useobject>

Number 0 counts as a number as well...so DEPOT00 being number 7 (in you're XML file, not mine) is actually number 8, and therefore cannot be used. The game will see them and you'll see them in the editor, but you will only be able to use the first 7 from the XML.file...(numbers 0 to 6)

Hope this helped !
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Off topic guff is here.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

IT WONT WORK! wrote:"Edit the .XML file
Find in the XML the following lines: (Example of the trackng.dat (Narrow gauge))"

What do you mean by this? I dragged the bridge over to the locotool. Opened the XML file in notepad and i dont get this part...
Please read again and use some imagination.
SD89MAC
Director
Director

Post by SD89MAC »

IT WONT WORK! wrote:
Hyronymus wrote:
IT WONT WORK! wrote:"Edit the .XML file
Find in the XML the following lines: (Example of the trackng.dat (Narrow gauge))"

What do you mean by this? I dragged the bridge over to the locotool. Opened the XML file in notepad and i dont get this part...
Please read again and use some imagination.
That didn't help at all so why bother responding? I read it like 5 times! It doesn't make sense. When i open the XML file in notepad it doesn't show "useobject"
That's because "useobject" won't be found in a bridge XML. It's found in a road or track XML, which is the example used.
Image - Winner of the 2010 - Best New User Award (Locomotion Forum)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Yes *points at first post*.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Illegal_Alien wrote:[...]or people here realy lacking something.
Tact?

Anyhow people, read through the whole topic carefully before jumping to the conclusion it isn't there.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Ugh!

As instructed by everyone else.. not to mention the 800 other people that asked this question already if we tried search...

lets read the first post together shall we?
Illegal_Alien wrote:Add things to Road, Normal Gauge & Narrow Gauge? (like bridges, stations and signals)
now lets stop there for a moment... ok. caught the key word? lets go on shall we?
Illegal_Alien wrote:Decompile the .dat file of the Road (road.dat) or Normal Gauge (trackst.dat or Narrow Gauge (trackng.dat) with LocoTool
Drag the file over the LocoTool.exe and drop, you will see an .XML file with the same name as the .dat file you just dragged and dropped.

Edit the .XML file

OK.. now.. if you kept reading you would have read this?
Illegal_Alien wrote: Add the following line (I used the example .dat filename as mentioned.) for a new bridge:

<useobject desc="bridge[5]" class="14">NEWBRDG1</useobject>
OK.. that should point you in the right direction.....

@admins. you do not see screaming red. that is just your eyes tired. that is a good indication that you should ignore this post and get a pint to relax and refresh yourself..
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

IT WONT WORK! wrote:If im adding them to road. Where do i find road?
Ok. So let me get this through my head. I have to replace the bridge or station with (road.dat) or (trackst.dat or narrow gauge (trackng.dat)?
For the last time before issueing a warning: read the whole topic carefully and use your imagination. What's been written here may not apply litterally, find the concept / the generic idea behind it.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

it has been answered.

there are hundred posts out there of people complaining that bridges, signals and stations dont work...

those are advanced mods because you have to EDIT your TRACK file....

Look at what i put in red.

here is one example of someone asking the exact same question about zimmlocks sheds.....
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=789755#p789755

there are many more.. hints* search for bridge, station, trackst, etc.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
JOVillamor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JOVillamor »

i tried it and it didnt work
cartographer29
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cartographer29 »

From http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=53219
I've successfully installed Earth Slopes, the Steel Bridge, and am now trying for the Arch Bridge. However, it seems as though the 3rd and final bridge, in whatever combination I try and install them, makes all others become unavailable.

In the scenario creator, all bridge types, including the custom ones, show up and can be selected. However, when I try and play the game, one of two things happens ...

- If only 2 custom bridges are installed and referenced in the TRACKST.DAT, then they will show properly in the list of bridge options when laying track, and can be used willingly.
- If all 3 custom bridges are installed and referenced in the TRACKST.DAT, NONE will show in the list of bridge options and only the game default bridges are available. However, if I build anything but standard track (road, tram, etc.), the Arch bridge is an available option (it's the only custom bridge installed for every mode other than standard rail).
Posting my XML here to see if anyone can find the error. Haven't been able to find the problem and I've gone through the process at least 3 times. Obviously missing something.
Attachments
TRACKST.xml
XML w/ Arch, Steel, and Earth bridges referenced
(90.15 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

cartographer29 wrote:From http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=53219
I've successfully installed Earth Slopes, the Steel Bridge, and am now trying for the Arch Bridge. However, it seems as though the 3rd and final bridge, in whatever combination I try and install them, makes all others become unavailable.

In the scenario creator, all bridge types, including the custom ones, show up and can be selected. However, when I try and play the game, one of two things happens ...

- If only 2 custom bridges are installed and referenced in the TRACKST.DAT, then they will show properly in the list of bridge options when laying track, and can be used willingly.
- If all 3 custom bridges are installed and referenced in the TRACKST.DAT, NONE will show in the list of bridge options and only the game default bridges are available. However, if I build anything but standard track (road, tram, etc.), the Arch bridge is an available option (it's the only custom bridge installed for every mode other than standard rail).
Posting my XML here to see if anyone can find the error. Haven't been able to find the problem and I've gone through the process at least 3 times. Obviously missing something.
Plastikman wrote:Two big problems with this tutorial. as is, It wont work.

1 You fail to mention the maximum number of mods you can add to a road/track, 7 for stations and bridges. and 16 for signals and only 1 for tunnels.

2 You have to tell the XML how many Mods for each type to look for in the mods section.

Snipped from Trackst.dat. the same lines are valid for the other track/road types.

</bitmask>
	<variable name="numcompat" size="1">7</variable>
	<variable name="nummods" size="1">2</variable>
	<variable name="numsignals" size="1">14</variable>    <===========<<< You need to change this line to reflect how many signals You have. (Max 16)
	<variable name="buildcostfact" size="2">11</variable>
	<variable name="sellcostfact" size="2">-10</variable>
	<variable name="tunnelcostfact" size="2">49</variable>
	<variable name="costind" size="1">1</variable>
	<variable name="curvespeed" size="2">400</variable>
	<unknown name="field_1E[4]" size="1">1</unknown>
	<variable name="numbridges" size="1">7</variable>     <===========<<< You need to change this line to reflect how many bridges You have. (Max 7)
	<variable name="numstations" size="1">7</variable>    <===========<<< You need to change this line to reflect how many stations You have. (Max 7)
	<variable name="displayoffset" size="1">3</variable>
	<description num="0" language="0">Railway Track</description>
You exceeded the maximum number of bridges per track file.
cartographer29
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cartographer29 »

Plastikman wrote:You exceeded the maximum number of bridges per track file.
Could have sworn I read it was 8 somewhere. Perhaps it is because it lists 8 in the scenario creator. Hmmm ... such a pain. Oh well.

Is it possible to remove any of the "in game" bridges to create room for any extra custom ones? Suspension bridge never tickled my fancy really.

Edit: Trial and error answered my question. Yes, I can. So now I have my custom bridges, and the never used suspension bridge has been removed for rail use.
LocoDeltic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LocoDeltic »

This has probably been asked A LOT but I've only just joined and couldnt find the search option.

I've downloaded a set of locomotion sheds, installed them. They do come up to select for availablity to use when making a custom scenario and I've selected them, but when I play that scenario they don't appear.

Do I have to use all this coding stuff to get them to work?

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”