No Breakdown Mod

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

bcoy388
Engineer
Engineer

No Breakdown Mod

Post by bcoy388 »

I insalled the No Breakdown Mod and I don't see any change. In fact I had a breakdown after one year. It is clearly not working. Are there additional instructions to installing this Mod? :( :? :?:
Shifty Powers
Director
Director

Re: No Breakdown Mod

Post by Shifty Powers »

bcoy388 wrote:I insalled the No Breakdown Mod and I don't see any change. In fact I had a breakdown after one year. It is clearly not working. Are there additional instructions to installing this Mod? :( :? :?:
Download the Wrapper from Scrat, link below my signature, that is much more efficient then the no break down mod, and you can make everything anything what you want
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Here are the instruction for wrappertool :wink:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=246932#246932
PurdueGuy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by PurdueGuy »

Did you build new engines? The no breakdown mod doesn't work on current locos - you have to replace them all once. Afterward they show 0% reliability.
d00mh4mm3r
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by d00mh4mm3r »

Why have all em mods, they are just putting a nice relistic game into a more boring unrealistic game.
--==Out Of Order==--
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

d00mh4mm3r wrote:Why have all em mods, they are just putting a nice relistic game into a more boring unrealistic game.
Every 8 years renew about 300 trains i call boring.
here is a part of my old topic about that isue.
In real life trains start after there release with a reliability of let's say
60% during testing fase.

In modern trains the main problem is the software that controles the stearing to the engines,doorsystems and currents that have influence on the security systems.
Also wear on gears and brakingpads that were not calculated.
Most of this problems are solved during testingfase and when the trains are handed over to the railwaycompagny its realiblty is far over 90%.
This percentage grows to almost 100% during livespan of 35 to more then 50 years.
The only reasons to withdraw trains is because they are not anymore economic.
s.a Diesels with high fuel consumption, nomore spareparts availible,
not enough power or not enough topspeed.
So for Locomotion its a good idea that after a certain amount of years youcan't buy a train anymore,but trains that are allready in use should stay there as long as the player wishes to.
Severous
Director
Director

Post by Severous »

Choice.

This forum and its great mods gives us that. A pity Atari hasnt supportted the game with official choices and expanded vehicles and features via official expansion + add ons. I generally would feel happier paying for an official expansion pack than downloading mods.

Your style of play will influence the mods you want.

Im currently with d00mh4mm3r on the breakdown mod. I play small short games just to meet scenario objectives. So mass vehicle replacement is rarely necessary and breakdowns add challenge (just like getting to work in real life). Im in the phase where im extracting all I can from the basic game..mods in a few months maybe....probobly to play that player made scenario with a chain of production with 16 stages.

As for realism. The earth slope from Steve has to be realistic..yet the in game the limit of 60mph on a brick slope is unreal IMHO.

Robot rail cars.... :D They look Fun.
Regards
RailJade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailJade »

I personaly use the no breakdown mod since its souch a tedious task to replace each vehicle that goes to 0% reliability or breaks down every 2 mins.

Also, what makes it more tedious is that I also would constantly have to reassign destinations to each new vehicle since the route list does not carry over from the old vehicle to the new a-la TTD patch style (I dont remember if TT and the unpatched TTD did this, But this is CS Locomotion).
Alka6h
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alka6h »

Where I can downoland Nobreakdown mod?Please help.
304 001
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 304 001 »

Alka6h wrote:Where I can downoland Nobreakdown mod?Please help.
Download Locotool Wrapper from here: https://www.locomotiondepot.net/amitrains/tools

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”