Problem with multiple cargo bays

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

SupSuper
Engineer
Engineer

Problem with multiple cargo bays

Post by SupSuper »

This bug has completely got me mad!!! :evil:
First, I found a very cheap route between industries, a Chemicals Plant and a Factory each on the side of a city, thus roads were pre-made so I just put cargo bays, trucks and there we go :)
Because the trucks often wasted time waiting for others to leave, I decided to add a new cargo bay next to it, but it didn't work, the trucks just went to the closest cargo bay. So I removed the extra one.
The drivers got outraged for me doing this, don't know why, and decided to go on strike. This meaning, they just moved in circles on the road and simply didn't go to the cargo bay! Madness, I tell you. I can really imagine them:
- Do you know what the boss just did? He removed the extra cargo bay.
- No!
- Yes. Just like that, can you believe it?
- It can't be. That's outrageous!
- I agree. Let's go on strike.
- Good idea.
:?
I tried removing and re-adding the routes, but they still didn't like it. Ok, you don't like it, you're fired! And I put some new trucks, but no, they didn't like it either, that cargo bay was simply too much for them! Ok, I'll just scrap it and reput it. But nope, same thing.
On the end of all this, I had to remove the cargo bay, wait for the station name to disappear and put it back in.
- Look, the boss rebuilt the bay.
- And it's got a neat name now. Time to get back to work.
- Yes, I want to deliver Chemicals to that shiny new cargo bay.
:roll:
Like I said, pure madness. And the moral of the story? Drivers don't like it when you remove an extra cargo bay. Why? No idea. I think it's because the drivers decided to use the new cargo bay, but why didn't they go back to the old one when I removed it?!?
Anyways, now you know what NOT to do, unless you want to waste a lot of money :P
Water train!
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

They use the second cargo bay if the first one is full.
I had a similar problems with trams not stopping. Picking them up and putting them back down worked out though.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”