multihead problem

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

norfolksouthern37
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

multihead problem

Post by norfolksouthern37 »

i didnt know if is hould post this here or not, but i have found a problem with the way the trains work.

ok, so i bought the APT set a few years back, i had many of them, but i ended up weeding most out, my typical consist is a control(engine) 4-6 cars and another control. now ive come down the line a few years and the train is at a very low reliability and is always broken down, but i cant replace it, becuase its broken down, and i cant add to it, becuase its broken down, and i cant remove it... because its broken down! i can stop it, but hey, one or the other of the control units is always broken down, so i cant get rid of or editing this train in any way! it travels very very slow and makes no money at all, the only solution i have is buy a cheap loco and ram it into the train to wreck it! something has to be done about this rediculous rule!

ok, now that im done ranting, i did wreck the train to get rid of it, but i just wanted to warn anyone who multiheads anything, if one unit breaks down, you cant do anything to the train, even if the other units still work.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Can't you stop it and wait for the breakdowns to be fixed? It shouldn't break down again while it's stopped. Or does it?
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

A stopped vehicle can't break down. Though if the reliability is low enough it might break down as soon as it's restarted :)
Just stop the vehicle and wait until it's no longer producing that ugly black smoke...
norfolksouthern37
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by norfolksouthern37 »

i already said that i did that, they always break down even when stopped, sicne ther ear two low reliability locos on the train, its ALWAYS broekn, even stopped
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

I wish people would post topics in the right section
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
babs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by babs »

norfolksouthern37 wrote:i already said that i did that, they always break down even when stopped, sicne ther ear two low reliability locos on the train, its ALWAYS broekn, even stopped
I had the same problem. If you have multiheaded locomotives low on realibilty its practically impossible to remove them. It took me 15 minutes with a train whose reliability was down to 4% to remove it.

And if vehicles are stopped they still keep breakin down, which is indeed quite a strange feature. Maybe they should fix this in a patch: If trains cannot break down while stopped this "remove multiheaded trains with low reliability"-bug should be solved

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”