Third "Mission" not working

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Mallgur
Engineer
Engineer

Third "Mission" not working

Post by Mallgur »

Hi;

I just got Locomotion today and I am delighted with it!
I have completed the first two "missions" in the Begginer level. When I try to start the third "Weatherworld" I get a small red popup (just like when you have no money to build something) saying: "Missing Object Data ID: 508/979EE8100D0920B0"

Anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Other levels seem to be working fine, even in Easy or harder...

Thanks for any help!
:twisted:

P.S. By the way, in case you are interested in hearing the excellent music in this game when not playing, you can get it by doing the following:

1 - In your game install directory you will find a folder called DATA, tipically in C:\Program Files\Atari\Locomotion\Data.
2 - Sort the files by Size
3 - The bigger .DAT files, down until one that is 9.3Mb are the music.
4 - Copy these files onto a new folder of your preference.
5 - In this new folder, not the game one, change the extension of these files from .DAT to .WAV
6 - Play them in your favourite sound file player. I use Winamp 5.

Hope you like this small tip. I tried it because in TTD the songs were midis with a different extension. The hard part was to determine what extension was right (tried a few like mp3, mid, etc...).

Have fun!
:twisted:

P.P.S - Chris Sawyer rules! I can't remember any such brilliant games programmer since Mike Singleton (Lords of Midnight, etc...) in the old ZX Spectrum days!
Severn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Third "Mission" not working

Post by Severn »

Mallgur wrote:Hi;

I just got Locomotion today and I am delighted with it!
I have completed the first two "missions" in the Begginer level. When I try to start the third "Weatherworld" I get a small red popup (just like when you have no money to build something) saying: "Missing Object Data ID: 508/979EE8100D0920B0"
The game is looking for a file in the Objdata folder that is either missing or corrupt. Sounds like a bad install to me. Retry.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”