How to change train carts from coal to iron ore ?

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

How to change train carts from coal to iron ore ?

Post by maartena »

I came home last night to a surprise in the mail - Locomotion had arrived :) I immediatly installed it and started my first random map. After playing around with the first map to get used to everything I restart to another and plan on doing some serious business.

I spot a nice money making scheme: A steel mill with a coal mine on one side, and an iron ore mine on the other side, not too far away. I create my tracks for the iron ore mine to a station near the steel mill and then create tracks to the coal mine from a seperate platfom on the same station. Both routes are fully independant.

Then I buy a train! I have to buy carts that say "Coal (or Iron Ore)". And thats where I run into a problem. I bought the carts for the coal route, set the train to wait for a full load and it all works great. Then I bought the same carts for the other train but I cannot set it to pick up a full load no matter what I try. It only wants to "wait on a full load of COAL" and obviously I want it to wait on the iron ore. No matter what I tried, I cannot figure out how to set the wagons up that they will carry Iron Ore as the default, so that I can set a full load option in its route.

After about 20 minutes of clicking around I have this train on the Iron Ore route.

Locomotive.
Wagon 1 - says "Coal (or Iron Ore)"
Wagon 2 - says "Coal (or Iron Ore)"
Wagon 3 - says "Iron Ore (or Coal)"

Looking at wagon three somewhere I must have succeeded changing the cargo for that wagon..... BUT I HAVE NO IDEA how I did that.....

There must be something REALLY obvious I am missing here..... Can you guys help?

M.
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

It is really obvious: hold down the "full load" button and you will be able to choose "wait for a full load of iron ore" from the menu that appears :!:

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”