Problems with my junction

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

tompagenet
Engineer
Engineer

Problems with my junction

Post by tompagenet »

Okay - this one perplexes me - why does the train that is in the middle of the picture just go straigh ahead towards a filled platform rather than to the useful empty platform?

Any help appreciated - thanks, Tom
Attachments
signalprobs.png
signalprobs.png (128.77 KiB) Viewed 4068 times
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Unfortunately there seems to be problems in that design. There is an open platform, so the train gets let through the signal, but there are too many turns to get to the right platform so it just goes forwards.
It can be fixed with some different track layouts, or just get rid of that 4th platform and use the other 3. They have no problems getting out again.

I'm collecting some successful junction designs together and will make a new section for them.
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

Steve, you propose exactly this junction on your lomodepot as a terminus design.I think you'd better remove it.
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
tompagenet
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tompagenet »

So is there any way of having a four platform terminus design? If not, this is something of a major flaw! I've just looked at the image and there are only two curves to get to the free platform!

Thanks, Tom
LuPoM
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Problems with my junction

Post by LuPoM »

tompagenet wrote:Okay - this one perplexes me - why does the train that is in the middle of the picture just go straigh ahead towards a filled platform rather than to the useful empty platform?

Any help appreciated - thanks, Tom
use my station design and it will works perfectly
here is the "explaining" screen... sorry for the mess, I did it in a hurry and will do it again later...

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”