Installing Loco on Linux?

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Naxen
Engineer
Engineer

Installing Loco on Linux?

Post by Naxen »

I was wondering how to install Locomotion through either the Disc or Steam version on Linux using Wine or any other program.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Installing Loco on Linux?

Post by NekoMaster »

Naxen wrote:I was wondering how to install Locomotion through either the Disc or Steam version on Linux using Wine or any other program.
You can pop in the CD or mount the ISO (You'll have to figure how the command for mounting ISO's yourself as I'm not a linux guru)

With the CD or ISO mounted, you can explore the disc and either run it from there or copy the contents to a folder like "Locomotion Installer" and run the installer from there. WINE should hopefully be set as the default program for .exe files and should run the installer.

I've installed Locomotion many times in linux through a Virtual Machine so I could play Locomotion in a Window allowing me to continue browsing the internet and chat with people without having to ALT+TAB locomotion and cause the colors to sometimes get all weird (RCT1 and RCT2 did this as well if you ALT+TAB'ed out of them)

Hopefully in the future development on OpenLoco will provide a better experience for Locomotion.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”