Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Problem with the winery
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:27 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

So I bought Locomotion in a local shop a couple of years ago, and I decided to play it again yesterday. Today I played again and I have a problem with the Winery.
So I delivered the grapes to the winery and the winery produced goods. Now, since the town it's near doesn't have buildings I don't have anywhere to deliver the goods. My boxcars are filled with goods and I can't transport the grapes anymore. Should I wait for the town to grow or stop delivering grapes?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:20 pm 
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

The problem is that the cities only grow fast if you supply them with anything or build the local traffic.
I personally would take the fastest locomotive and look for the largest city on the map. These are then supplied with goods. Because goods do not lose value as fast as grapes.

Btw. Is this a mission or a free map?

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:01 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hello matej5130, and welcome to the forums...

You could also download my new version of the food-mod. It has a few cargos in it that can spoil along the way and I have modded those cargos so that they will last a little longer and payments are given for it...Here are the cargos that I mentioned. The new food-mod will come out soon and then you can use the rest of the mod as well...

Here are the files:

Attachment:
FOOD.DAT [974 Bytes]
Downloaded 10 times

Attachment:
grain.dat [904 Bytes]
Downloaded 8 times

Attachment:
GRAPES.DAT [892 Bytes]
Downloaded 9 times

Hope this helps...One more in the next post :wink:

:: Emperor' Screenshots :: Problem with Bridges :: The Long Station Patch :: Help with Opie's Dutch Stations :: The Serpent "Mod-Free" :: The Empty Region :: The City Oilwell :: The City Flourmill :: The Food-Mod :: The Valuables-Mod V4.0 :: A "One-Sided Station" :: Standard vehicles for Plastikman's Automod :: Maximum production from industries :: Tutorial to change tracks for trams and trains :: My own vehicle creation thread ::

Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on Sun May 14, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:02 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

One more:

Attachment:
LIVESTCK.DAT [888 Bytes]
Downloaded 9 times

:: Emperor' Screenshots :: Problem with Bridges :: The Long Station Patch :: Help with Opie's Dutch Stations :: The Serpent "Mod-Free" :: The Empty Region :: The City Oilwell :: The City Flourmill :: The Food-Mod :: The Valuables-Mod V4.0 :: A "One-Sided Station" :: Standard vehicles for Plastikman's Automod :: Maximum production from industries :: Tutorial to change tracks for trams and trains :: My own vehicle creation thread ::

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:13 pm 
Director
Director

matej5130 wrote:
So I bought Locomotion in a local shop a couple of years ago, and I decided to play it again yesterday. Today I played again and I have a problem with the Winery.
So I delivered the grapes to the winery and the winery produced goods. Now, since the town it's near doesn't have buildings I don't have anywhere to deliver the goods. My boxcars are filled with goods and I can't transport the grapes anymore. Should I wait for the town to grow or stop delivering grapes?

Three ways

Do as Walter says and build the quickest fastest line to the nearest major city that takes goods

Do as EDS says and change the dat files by inserting the no spoil varient..

Or

You can alter the xml for one particular wagon so it accepts and carries only grapes and use that, so by the time the nearest city accepts goods you'll be able to then use the later wagons to carry the goods to there, just pick one that you wouldn't use and change that cargo to solely grapes and that takes care of the problem.

Scenario's Done are

Broken Hills at the Rivers Mouth viewtopic.php?f=39&t=49627, Sinn River viewtopic.php?f=39&t=49626, Flat Lands viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37704, Mountain High River Deep viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37412, River Valley and Rock viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37135, First Attempt viewtopic.php?f=39&t=34097 Cwm Valley viewtopic.php?f=39&t=34049&hilit=cwm+valley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:57 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

How about maybe not editing the files and instead adding a command in the route that makes the train leave the goods at the station?

Stop at station 1
Wait for full load of grapes
Stop at station 2
Unload all goods

That's what I do with lumber and paper sometimes.

Formerly known as LocoRoller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:57 pm 
Director
Director

Zakos wrote:
How about maybe not editing the files and instead adding a command in the route that makes the train leave the goods at the station?

Stop at station 1
Wait for full load of grapes
Stop at station 2
Unload all goods

That's what I do with lumber and paper sometimes.

Because I have noticed when using the winery that the wagons pick up cargo at the winery and take it back to the vineyard, even if I set a flag to unload all cargo at the winery.
That flag sadly is not an infallible method to prevent back hauling of cargo, about the only way is to use a wagon specific to that cargo and no other, so the frame only lumber wagons for lumber or the covered hoppers for grain, if you use the plug door boxcars then they will take food back to the wheat farm.

Scenario's Done are

Broken Hills at the Rivers Mouth viewtopic.php?f=39&t=49627, Sinn River viewtopic.php?f=39&t=49626, Flat Lands viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37704, Mountain High River Deep viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37412, River Valley and Rock viewtopic.php?f=39&t=37135, First Attempt viewtopic.php?f=39&t=34097 Cwm Valley viewtopic.php?f=39&t=34049&hilit=cwm+valley