1. I will not nag about resemblance with original. With so few pixels what more can you do? A raize tool has to have a terrain tile and an up arrow. Check a dozen other games and they have similar tool. I like them.
... EDIT: You can see that it's pretty impossible to replace some sprites... for example the playback sprites -> I had to empty them inside so they would not look as original.. I dunno though will it look good in-game...
2. Diskette: It is OK, but color is wrong. It had a reason it was blue in original. Diskettes were blue. There are still commercial programs in the market and they use a blue diskette. Blue is not derivative work. We could keep the color you used for toyland though.
hehe.. I know it's damn pink.. I picked the colour from the music sprite and then madi it lighter and darker... This can be fixed easily
EDIT: I'll use it in toyland... Actually maybe if I get this done, I'll make everything smoother and toyland-only GUI can take place too
3. Smoothed a bit the bulldozer. Hope you don't mind. That yellow looked a bit too much to me compared wth rest of sprites.
Actually it needs darker line (it's not black outline)on right side too, but that isn't the main priority.
4. To my opinion, we should make rail sprite narrower. For real life it is OK, but compared to game's sprites, rails seem to far apart from each other.
You, my friend, are again right. It seemed odd when I completed it, but it's one of things I mentioned in todo -> to be redrawn. It'll be like airport -> looked from sky and maybe a pseudo train on it (same for roads and waterwats I guess), but again, this is something I'll do when the other sprites are done.
5. I see you resized the bus. Now it fits better with rest.
Could airplane be a pixel or 2 bigger? OR:
the problem is that wings are too long and don't fit well when I make it bigger.. I might make it with shorter wings though, but that's gonna wait.
6. Last sprites (vehicles) are somewhat very dark. Especially the ship. You can barely distinguish it.
I now start to think that my screen is indeed brighter that others'.. I don't see that it's darker, but I can modify it ..especially for recolouring..
7. Keeping in mind plane is white, ship ( brown? I don't know), shouldn't train differ in color from road vehicle?
That was said to me previously too.. Again, I'll change it when I have the base GUI sprites ready
8. The crates sprite uses different color for crates that the color used in the money sprite for crate. Shouldn't they use the same, for the set to be consistent?
If you scroll back, you see that originally it was green.. with coins and trophy.. Then I made one effect so they became more yellowish. I dunno though if the crates are needed to be yellow or green. I think I'll change the second (refit) to green back
Once again: Good job guys!
NOTE: Would it be wise to add a suggestions-TODO column in wiki, our use the comments column for things discussed here that may need to be fixed later? But please not to write absurb things there.
I think it would be a good idea.. Maybe to use Talk more (and move the old talk to Talk:Old_Graphics_Replacement ). And Athanasios, would you be so kind and help me out with the roof or train depot?
_________________PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.