Tight curves...

A 3D game in the spirit of Transport Tycoon. Click here for the web site.
Bart
Tycoon
Tycoon

Tight curves...

Post by Bart »

I noticed the tight curves on the screenshot page, and the way the Eurostar is passing them. Will these curves stay this way? It doesn't look quite good...
[url=CALLTO://Sgreehder]Image[/url]
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Zugspiel website wrote:"Zugspiel" is planed to be a free Transport Tycoon Clone with minimal Graphics but extendet gameplay.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
mispunt
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mispunt »

Well, it looks a bit blocked indeed, but I hope it is funny. I going to compile it tonight to test it :wink:
*yes the source code, perhaps I could learn something of it. :P*
chochmah
Engineer
Engineer

curves

Post by chochmah »

well the curves are exactly like in TT. You could however theoreticaly add wider bend curves. (Althought you probably have to add a lot of case to case checking in the sourcecode to make sure that all track elements are placed correctly and do fit together)
You might also change the way zugspiel handels the tracks in the future from the hardcodet way to more customizability maybe by config files. Its just a lot of work, I cant see any real problems there.
So... its not a primary objectiv right now but if you want to implement it we are currently searching some kind of CVS at the moment, you can then do it.
Brax
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Brax »

Well, it's sort of realistic the way the coaches move, but it's proabably a little exagerated. Also, if you want to be really pendantic about it, the bogies for each of the carriages are coupled (ie one between each coach). But that would be an advance feature. Maybe shortening the coaches would give the desired affect. I notice you're still having some texturing problems with the models. I'm a little tied up with my exams at the moment to help correct them I'm afraid, but they do look respectable.
Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.

Return to “Zugspiel”