Modified calculation of company value

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Tedkees
Engineer
Engineer

Modified calculation of company value

Post by Tedkees »

While trying to, hold your seat, document (yes indeed!) economy.c, I stumbled on the fact that railroad tracks and roads are not used in the calculation of your company value.
I think at least tracks should be used in the calculation, because when you takeover another company, you receive ownership (and therefore exclusive rights) over these tracks too, without actually paying for them through the company value.
For roads it's different, because you can use the roads even if they're not yours.

Any comments?
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Also, rail gives you money when you destroy it.. so I agree, it should be added in the company value. It has value!
Peter0081
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter0081 »

And depending of the company rating at the deal time. If you have the "tycoon" title it means your company value is excellent and you are gonna build or sell a profitable company, which have a better value than a company who may have more trains than you, but its network really suck.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”