Graphics cards

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sophiazz
Engineer
Engineer

Graphics cards

Post by sophiazz »

I noticed some of you were interested in my PCI Multi screen compatable graphics cards. well, i've just come accross a few more that were going to be junked, if you are interested in a 1M or 2M graphics card, let me know. i've got 3 of each (currently, might be more by this afternoon). the 2M ones are definitly working, and are compatable with 1024x768x24Bit colour, the 1M ones are not tested, and i think they only do 1024x768x8bit colour, 800x600x16Bit colour, 640x480x32bit colour, but not 100% on that, they are definitly multi-screen compatable, since i've tested some of the same model before.

would be nice to see someone get OTTD Duel Screen/Multi Screen compatable.

anyway, if you're interested, put your name down.

i don't mind giving them away for free, but the postage could be a little much depending where in the world you are, so a donation would be nice. I'm in England.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Graphics cards

Post by jfs »

Is this post from 2004? :)
Mostly everyone has a graphics card that supports multiple monitors today, these you've found are probably mostly interesting for retro PC use. (And OpenTTD no longer runs on DOS, and I don't think 1.10 has been compiled in a Windows 9x or OS/2 version either.)

But you're right, it might actually be interesting to support multiple main windows with separate viewports, so you can play across multiple monitors.
kamnet

Re: Graphics cards

Post by kamnet »

If these are cards from 10+ years ago, then they likely have dedicated 2D graphics acceleration.

I recently ponied up $40 for a VisionTek Radeon 5450 specifically so I could run dual-screen, since it's the only game I really play. No lag, no screen tearing, it's all very smooth.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”