RealTime-1.10.2-a (preview) patch + binaries

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: RealTime-1.10.2-a (preview) patch + binaries

Post by Eddi »

if the download really only contains the .exe file (which i have not checked), then a) it violates the license. as the binary must always be delivered with the license text, and b) is completely useless, because it must come with the right lang files and a bunch of other files.

in that case, you should probably keep your hands off this patch, as this is not a good sign for quality
You might not exactly be interested in Ferion, but if you are, have fun :)
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Whohoo!

Post by Gadg8eer »

SciFurz wrote: 08 Oct 2020 22:15
Gadg8eer wrote: 27 Sep 2020 20:11
SciFurz wrote: 30 Jul 2020 01:49 Just noticed the counter stating 25000 views on this thread. Never thought it would receive this much attention.

*coughs*

Nevermind. Carry on.
Is this still being developed?
Haven't had the time lately, but I hope I can return to it when my writing is back on schedule.
Not being able to play the game causes slight withdrawal symptoms. :-p
Any chance I could get a JGR-based binary?
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
SciFurz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SciFurz »

Gadg8eer wrote: 02 Apr 2021 17:50
SciFurz wrote: 08 Oct 2020 22:15
Gadg8eer wrote: 27 Sep 2020 20:11

Is this still being developed?
Haven't had the time lately, but I hope I can return to it when my writing is back on schedule.
Not being able to play the game causes slight withdrawal symptoms. :-p
Any chance I could get a JGR-based binary?
Not any time soon.
Offline life keeps me busy and I only began the upgrade to the 1.11.1 code base today, so I have a lot of changes to incorporate into my local source of vanilla OpenTTD.
JGR's code has many differences because of the patches he integrated, and is a lot of work to modify.

If you or anyone else want to compile yourself, the minimal code changes are two lines which have worked for me without trouble:
date_type.h: static const int DAY_TICKS = 132; ///< ticks per day
schdispatch_cmd.cpp: assert_compile(DAY_TICKS * 120 < 16384);

Set day length to 120 and ticks per minute to 11, and the game runs almost twice as slow as on maximum day length factor while keeping perfect time on the clock.
Tinkering in the code in between writing mostly naughty stuff.
See http://scifurz.wordpress.com/
SciFurz
Engineer
Engineer

Re: RealTime-1.10.2-a (preview) patch + binaries

Post by SciFurz »

4zet55 wrote: 22 Nov 2020 12:48 I did so.
But the only compressed file is openttd-rt-2.4.exe
So I think that further steps are necessary.
The main-thread ottd and JGRp are also installed on my computer, and both work well...
(The download was from the link in the first post of this topic)
?(
My internet connection through mobile craps out when I try to upload the complete file here, so I only did the executable as it worked for me before.
I've begun upgrading to 1.11.1 code, so I'll try again when I've finished work on that. Maybe by then I can upload the entire file. Or maybe split the archive.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

SciFurz wrote: 28 Apr 2021 02:04 schdispatch_cmd.cpp: assert_compile(DAY_TICKS * 120 < 16384);
that line is there for a reason. ignoring this limit will cause hidden errors deep inside the code, which may have weird side effects, which may not be immediately obvious.
You might not exactly be interested in Ferion, but if you are, have fun :)
SciFurz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SciFurz »

Eddi wrote: 29 Apr 2021 07:53
SciFurz wrote: 28 Apr 2021 02:04 schdispatch_cmd.cpp: assert_compile(DAY_TICKS * 120 < 16384);
that line is there for a reason. ignoring this limit will cause hidden errors deep inside the code, which may have weird side effects, which may not be immediately obvious.
Yes, the line sets the tick limit as < 16384 because the dispatch time is cramped into 14 bits, see the original comment in the code.
132*120=15840, which is less than 2^14=16384, yes?

PS, I currently run the JGR version with day_ticks set to 1440 and the assert line commented out, and as long as I don't use dispatch, things run smoothly.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”