EcoTTD : An economical fork of OpenTTD

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Fauleresel
Engineer
Engineer

EcoTTD : An economical fork of OpenTTD

Post by Fauleresel »

Hello,

I want to make a fork of Ottd ( more specifc : JGR's Patchpack ) with the goal of making the existing elements more interconnected, rebalance the transportation types and make it more economically challenging.

Big changes:

No instant building and traffic routes need some sort of building material

No magic depots: Depots need to be as long the vehicle they are servicing and should need some spare part(s). Building engines cost material aswell

Steam engines should need water and coal.
Diesel ones need diesel.
Electric railway needs to be connected to a power station which is supplied with fuel

Quality of life changes:

New stations get by default the name of the industries to which they are connected.

Rework of the group system, so the group itself defines the route and not the individual vehicle

and more ...

Do you cringe when you see a train magically reversing at a signal?
If you do, you should help me. If you do not, you should help me aswell, because I am not so great at progamming.

You can help me under

https://github.com/Fauleresel/EcoTTD
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: EcoTTD : An economical fork of OpenTTD

Post by odisseus »

That's quite an ambitious project for somebody that's "not so great at progamming". If I were you, I would start by gaining some experience on smaller tasks. For example, you could take one of the issues reported at the base OpenTTD repository.

By the way, the automatic reversing at signals can be turned off even in the unmodified game.
ahyangyi
Engineer
Engineer

Re: EcoTTD : An economical fork of OpenTTD

Post by ahyangyi »

Pretty sure stations already name themselves after the industry, or at least that's among the names to be randomly picked.

And there is order sharing.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”