[patch] Realistic Train Shunting

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

martin1180
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [patch] Realistic Train Shunting

Post by martin1180 »

Hi everyone,

do you know if there is a chance that this patch could be incorporated into some patch pack (for example JGR)? I've seen similar comment from 2018, so I wonder if there was some development in that area?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

martin1180 wrote: 27 Oct 2020 15:29 Hi everyone,

do you know if there is a chance that this patch could be incorporated into some patch pack (for example JGR)? I've seen similar comment from 2018, so I wonder if there was some development in that area?
There has been no further development of this patch posted.
SciFurz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SciFurz »

martin1180 wrote: 27 Oct 2020 15:29 Hi everyone,

I actually incorporated the code into a copy of my realtime patch to see if it worked, but it seems there's a variable size conflict or something somewhere in the extra order stack the code creates and the OpenTTD target version being relatively old by now. I couldn't spot a quick solution and had little time to do more work on it.
This thing is still something I'd like to add though, so I can build a real sorting yard eventually. It will likely mean a partially different implementation of the code.
Tinkering in the code in between writing mostly naughty stuff.
See http://scifurz.wordpress.com/

Return to “OpenTTD Development”