[patch] Realistic Train Shunting

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

martin1180
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [patch] Realistic Train Shunting

Post by martin1180 »

Hi everyone,

do you know if there is a chance that this patch could be incorporated into some patch pack (for example JGR)? I've seen similar comment from 2018, so I wonder if there was some development in that area?
SciFurz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SciFurz »

martin1180 wrote: 27 Oct 2020 15:29 Hi everyone,

do you know if there is a chance that this patch could be incorporated into some patch pack (for example JGR)? I've seen similar comment from 2018, so I wonder if there was some development in that area?
I actually incorporated the code into a copy of my realtime patch to see if it worked, but it seems there's a variable size conflict or something somewhere in the extra order stack the code creates and the OpenTTD target version being relatively old by now. I couldn't spot a quick solution and had little time to do more work on it.
This thing is still something I'd like to add though, so I can build a real sorting yard eventually. It will likely mean a partially different implementation of the code.
Tinkering in the code in between writing mostly naughty stuff.
See http://scifurz.wordpress.com/
Union Pacific
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Union Pacific »

Is there any newer updates from the last 2018 post?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Union Pacific wrote: 04 Jan 2021 06:19 Is there any newer updates from the last 2018 post?
martin1180 wrote: 27 Oct 2020 15:29 do you know if there is a chance that this patch could be incorporated into some patch pack (for example JGR)? I've seen similar comment from 2018, so I wonder if there was some development in that area?
There has been no further development of this patch posted.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Karn wrote: 25 Mar 2019 17:20
Valle wrote: Seeing that you're also active with Realistic Train Shunting, Karn, I'd like to ask you: has any more work on this acceleration model happened since the last update?
Currently I'm too busy with personal life. Both yaam and rts are on hold until I find free time for it.
When it comes to priorities, I would like to finish shunting patch first and after it's done, then work on yaam again. Shunting patch is more rewarding to develop.
Karn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Karn »

SciFurz wrote: 29 Oct 2020 05:12
martin1180 wrote: 27 Oct 2020 15:29 Hi everyone,

I actually incorporated the code into a copy of my realtime patch to see if it worked, but it seems there's a variable size conflict or something somewhere in the extra order stack the code creates and the OpenTTD target version being relatively old by now. I couldn't spot a quick solution and had little time to do more work on it.
This thing is still something I'd like to add though, so I can build a real sorting yard eventually. It will likely mean a partially different implementation of the code.
The bug you noticed is simply about mixing order stack and station stack, long ago they were equal, but lately one of them got bigger, solution is quite easy to not mix them up, this commit should fix it. https://github.com/Palo123/OpenTTD-YPS/ ... 33f25aedca

I've got some time to work on this in recent weeks, hopefully I can finish global order list soon. Then my time disappears again..
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

:D :bow:

Return to “OpenTTD Development”