how do I run Joker's

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

elricks
Engineer
Engineer

how do I run Joker's

Post by elricks »

Good morning all. I am a long time, but intermittent, player of openttd. I have just finished playing JGR's patch, and have found and dowloaded version 27.0 of Joker's.

When I unzip JGR I get an exe file (I am using windows 7 64 bit). When I unzip Joker's I can't find an exe. Is there a version anywhere that has an exe?

I am not PC literate enough to want to compile anything for myself.

Thanks SHIRLEY
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: how do I run Joker's

Post by Gwyd »

I mean I would suggest you downloaded the wrong file: usually authors put the source code and a compiled version in the OP, or at least a link to them. But since "we", as a community, seem to have angered the creator he feels he's had the right to remove any trace of it.
Point is, you probably download the source and understandably, you see compiling it as too hard. There's probably someone here with a compiled version...
kamnet

Re: how do I run Joker's

Post by kamnet »

elricks wrote:Good morning all. I am a long time, but intermittent, player of openttd. I have just finished playing JGR's patch, and have found and dowloaded version 27.0 of Joker's.

When I unzip JGR I get an exe file (I am using windows 7 64 bit). When I unzip Joker's I can't find an exe. Is there a version anywhere that has an exe?

I am not PC literate enough to want to compile anything for myself.

Thanks SHIRLEY
You can also request assistance with compiling here: https://github.com/KeldorKatarn/OpenTTD ... ack/issues

For the most part, it's not difficult. It's just tedious to have to set up the tools. Once you're set up, however, it should be straight-forward.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”