Which NEWGFR should I use in JGRPP

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

elricks
Engineer
Engineer

Which NEWGFR should I use in JGRPP

Post by elricks »

Good morning all. I am a returning player, after over a year of doing other things. My last platform was JGRPP, which I have refreshed to 23.0.

My interest is ONLY running a multi faceted transport Co., not in development of the game, nor in competition. I turn on the money cheat so I can build infrastructure (much like the AU Gov does). I love complicated game play.

Could someone please recommend which NEWGRFs I should be using. Thanks SHIRLEY
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Which NEWGFR should I use in JGRPP

Post by acs121 »

On the vehicle set side.

- PikkaBird's rail sets, respectively UKRS2 (soon UKRS3) and NARS2 are outstanding rail vehicle sets you can have. They have a very complete vehicle list, though it doesn't include each vehicle. These two sets have add-ons adding lots of engines again.

- 2cc TrainsInNML, 2cc Trams and 2cc Buses are excellent sets. 2cc TrainsInNML however, contains a TON of vehicles (really, it's not a joke). It even includes metro trains. 2cc trams only have passenger tramways yet, but another coder said he is ready to code the cargo tramways part. The 2cc Bus Set is good too, though there isn't any matching truck set.

- Bob's British Buses, Bob's Random Vehicles and Bob and Ameecher's Tram Set contain road vehicles from the early years (the first will be introduced in 1833) up to 2025.

Now on other things side.

- Japanese Track Set, despite it's name, has British, American and German modes, and provides standard gauge and narrow gauge tracks, plus electrified counterparts : catenary, 3rd rail and dual power.

- Total Town Replacement Set is quite old now, but it hasn't taken a grain of dust and is still a very good set. If you don't like tall skyscrapers, then take Swedish Houses. There are other building sets of course, NACitySet and the Polish Building Set are good too. If you rather like extremely tall skyscrapers, get the 1000 building set.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

if you want "complex" gameplay, you should try out industry sets like FIRS, it has tons of options to make your life more complicated
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

If your going to play a North aMerican styled game, NARS v2.51, NARS 2.5 Passenger mod and my NARS Add-on Set 2cc are a good combination of rail vehicles for any version of OpenTTD since 1.2.0
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
elricks
Engineer
Engineer

Post by elricks »

Thanks for the replies, certainly lead me to start to look wider.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”