Base sound question.

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SkullKrixzz
Engineer
Engineer

Base sound question.

Post by SkullKrixzz »

i expect this to probably be a "stupid question" but, how would one start with making a sound pack to replace the default sound effect?

im only asking as i (still) wish to have more sounds play with a few specific GRF's that i use, yes i have made a post before asking about adding sounds to grf's however i was told i would need to modify the specific grf files to get what i want. so i took it upon myself to look at using NML but found i needed the source code, which was then mentioned that making a base sound pack could cover what i need, and since i have never dont anything with NML in my life, nor have i really done any coding ever at all, i would like to know where do i start and who could i accomplish what i would like? i have pretty much all the sounds i wish to use, and am still poking around for more now and then. but im not sure how to add them or how the game works in this regard to use them.

from what i understand each GRF makes new vehicle I.D.'s for each vehicle it adds, and i have been told i need to know the I.D. to add sounds to it, but adding a general sound pack might work different? does the game just real railcars as a general group no matter where they come from? or would i still need the I.D.?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Base sound question.

Post by Eddi »

i suggest you stop worrying about adding sound to another vehicle for now, and get started with adding a simple vehicle yourself and then put the sounds to that vehicle

Return to “OpenTTD Development”