[patch] Goods town

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

imcasper
Engineer
Engineer

[patch] Goods town

Post by imcasper »

As soon as the city starts accepting goods, city turns into a black hole - you can bring 10 items a month or 10,000 goods a month. You do not need to increase the city / search for new cities - all the goods will be accepted. This is one of the main disadvantages of the game in my opinion.

If you enable the option Goods town:
Each city will have a rating of some goods (goods, food, water, products). Above the rating - more money for delivery.
Cities will start storing goods. The more goods - the faster the goods consumption by the city, and the less is the payment for transporting this product.

PS
Maybe instead of changing the price, turn off the receiving of goods?
Maybe make similar behavior for industry?
PPS
Sorry for my english translator.
Attachments
Quigley & Co., Sep 11th, 1940.png
Quigley & Co., Sep 11th, 1940.png (119.94 KiB) Viewed 196 times
GoodsTown.patch
(10.94 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
mrjack2
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [patch] Goods town

Post by mrjack2 »

I like the idea.

The thing that would make this sort of patch powerful -- and which would make it worthwhile to have a patch not just a gamescript -- would be integration with cargodist, so that towns are allocated goods through cargodist, proportional to demand (which presumably is proportional to population). a

I really like the payment being reduced as consumption increases, rather than the town no longer accepting goods -- again, among other things, changing cargo acceptance disturbs cargodist, and it makes sense that there's a "soft limit' to cargo demand rather than a hard on-off limit.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”