Gentz' OpenTTD Patches

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

gentz
Engineer
Engineer

Gentz' OpenTTD Patches

Post by gentz »

Welcome to Gentz' OpenTTD patches.
Here is a list of all included patches!

ID - Name - Desc
000001 - Easier Upgrading - Allows easier upgrading of trains from rail to mono or manglev.
Attachments
openttdpatched.7z
(2.1 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Last edited by gentz on 31 Aug 2017 15:39, edited 3 times in total.
gentz
Engineer
Engineer

00001-Easier Upgrading

Post by gentz »

00001-Easier Upgrading

Ever upgraded from rail to monorail (or manglevs)? Annoyed at having to recreate all your trains? I got the solution for you!

This patch allows the upgrading of depots containing parked trains. It also autoreplaces all trains in said depots.

Now you can:
1- Set autoreplace to upgrade rail engines/wagons to monorail (or manglave) engines/wagons.
2- Send all trains to a depot
3- Use the upgrade/convert tool on the depot!
4- Watch as all your trains are now monorail/manglev, no order cloning of 400 trains required!
Sylf
President
President

Re: Gentz' OpenTTD Patches

Post by Sylf »

There are at least 4 newGRF that enables cross-railtype upgrading. Does this patch do something that's better than these newgrfs?
gentz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gentz »

My patch doesn't add any new engines/rails unlike the newgrfs.

Tbh not really. This is just a simple patch which I used to learn how the codebase is organized.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Sylf wrote:There are at least 4 newGRF that enables cross-railtype upgrading. Does this patch do something that's better than these newgrfs?
The "does better" I think is the fact that you don't need to use a NewGRF Railtype or add-on vehicle to accomplish conversion. You can use whatever rail sets and you can just use whatever trains you normally want.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”