NotRoadTypes

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Andrew350
Director
Director

Re: NotRoadTypes

Post by Andrew350 »

Firrel wrote: 04 Jan 2021 09:29 I guess the issue is with your RattRoads set, sorry :D
Hmm, not sure I agree there, but after a closer look it seems AdmiralAI indeed doesn't use roads, but does successfully (for me, at least) manage to build functioning electric tram networks. But we agree the real issue is just outdated AIs :)
Gadg8eer wrote: 05 Jan 2021 01:40 That, or using ROADTYPE_FLAG_HIDDEN on the ROAD label like Ufiby seems to have done screws with the AIs
This is not a factor if not all affected roadsets do this, which I'm quite certain they don't ;)
ufiby
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ufiby »

Hi! I am aware that NRT problems are compatible with AI. AI is usually built on the road the main label "ROAD". We hide them and the AI is in a "dead end". I did it a little differently. If you want to use it with AI. select "NEW ASPHALT ROAD" in the "TIME ERA USED" parameters. Try it, check it out )
In fact, the AI is outdated, not knowing what to use with different roads, except for the main label "ROAD". The AI needs to be upgraded to a level with NRT compatibility. What about with U&ReRMM2? I set the main grid "RAIL" to hidden. Some AI's work well with U&ReRMM2.
ufiby
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ufiby »

Good morning!
That, or using ROADTYPE_FLAG_HIDDEN on the ROAD label like Ufiby seems to have done screws with the AIs
I use it connected to the TOWN ZONE as a neutral road. So that the city can build a neutral road and depends on from the time epoch, so we do not pay attention to AI.
Another flag "ROADTYPE_FLAG_TOWN_BUILD" gives only conditionally. It is written in detail there
Enables the roadtype to be built by towns, picked by highest speed (defaults to ROAD if no speed limits?)
I don't agree with this one. Because it's inconvenient. Something I wanted to do, there is no result
First: hide the ROAD label, so that the quality is as a neutral road, so that the city can be built independently. But what about AI and what will happen to AI ?
Secondly. Set a different placemark on the flag ROADTYPE_FLAG_TOWN_BUILD in quality for the city to build a neutral road. The main label ROAD can be used for the player and the AI. But I wanted to limit the neutral road to low speed, in fact in the game you will no longer see the neutral road, only the city is worth the road with the highest speed, this is the ROAD

Return to “OpenTTD Development”