NotRoadTypes

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kamnet

Re: NotRoadTypes

Post by kamnet »

Lesarthois wrote:Well that's the thing :
The game works well, until I try to load any saved game.
Then, after loading,t he game crashes when I hit "unpause".
I can load a savegame (at least in early stages of a game) but if I try to play it crashes.
But if I keep playing, the game doesn't crash.
Was this save created with NRT? If not, what version of OpenTTD was it created with?
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Personally, I have not had a single crash in the game after testing the current version of March 22. You use some GRF sets that cause crash. For example, not all road sets support new types of roads and trams. That's why the crash of the game. Currently valid while only using the following sets : Polroad, Road Hog and Mop Generic NRT Road Vehicle. The rest of the sets (rail, water, air, sets of different objects, and others) does not affect the operation of the game. I personally did a lot of different compatibility tests myself.
You need to carefully read the posts above, where users had similar problems in the game :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

How to make roadset compatible with NRT?
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

McZapkie wrote:How to make roadset compatible with NRT?
Use the experimental build of NML, link on the first post
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

I can load a savegame (at least in early stages of a game) but if I try to play it crashes.
I pushed a fix for a bug I noticed when loading savegames made with NRT, maybe it could fix even your problem.
Still a savegame with the problem would be helpful, I hope all the grfs are available on bananas (except the NRT ones of course)
Lesarthois
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lesarthois »

Saves created with NRT crashes. In fact I haven't tried to load a regular OpenTTD save in NRT.

I think 3 or 4 NewGRF aren't available on Bananas.

To make things simpler, I put my OpenTTD game, saves, and NewGRF files on Dropbox :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0wrjpbh5wthw ... mpFMa?dl=0
(tell me if you can access the folders or not, I rarely share with Dropbox)

Only care about the most recent saves, I keep a truckload of older ones...
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

Lesarthois wrote:Saves created with NRT crashes. In fact I haven't tried to load a regular OpenTTD save in NRT.
I didn't find a save, so I loaded an autosave and it seem to work fine, maybe the last fix worked, you may test it tomorrow.

Nice colorful map :)
Attachments
lesarthois.PNG
(867.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

I've been using NRT with unspooled and Mop generic vehicle set for months and haven't had a single crash. This is the best OTTD patch for a long time.

Great work guys!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

In Frosch's Draft newgrf docs we see the following:
By default OpenTTD knows these labels, and provides graphics for them:

Label Roadtype
ROAD Normal road
ELRD Electrified road

Label Tramtype
RAIL Tramway
ELRL Electrified tramway
Does this mean that with NRT we can access or write and modify an Action0 for OpenTTD's default roads such that the roads in a new game will load with a modified property?
Last edited by wallyweb on 07 Apr 2018 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

I actually have the same problem loading my first games, strangely not when loading savegames created with NRT. The savegames i am talking about were created with release 1.7.1 of OpenTTD.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

wallyweb wrote:In Frosch's Draft newgrf docs we see the following:
By default OpenTTD knows these labels, and provides graphics for them:

Label Roadtype
ROAD Normal road
ELRD Electrified road

Label Tramtype
RAIL Tramway
ELRL Electrified tramway
Does this mean that with NRT we can access or write and modify an Action0 for OpenTTD's default roads such that the roads in a new game will load with a modified property?

You can indeed write an NRT newgrf that only modifies ROAD if you like, for example, keeping default graphics but changing cost or speed limits, or keeping default properties but changing sprites (similar to what old road newgrfs did).
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

supermop wrote:You can indeed write an NRT newgrf that only modifies ROAD if you like, for example, keeping default graphics but changing cost or speed limits, or keeping default properties but changing sprites (similar to what old road newgrfs did).
:D :bow:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

wallyweb wrote::D :bow:
I'm really curious to know what you are planning... :twisted:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Good afternoon, everybody! I noticed an interesting bug in the version of the game with new types of roads. When auto-updating of trams and trolleybuses, a message is issued: update failure (insufficient money). Although the money I have is enough for the new vehicles (test made on the Mop NRT Generic 0.6.1 Vehicle, a Road Hog). But the update through the depot through the purchase of a new vehicle occurs without problems. As well as a failure replacement was when upgrading tram (Mop Generic NRT Vehicle 0.6.1) on the tram (Road Hog). Tell me, what is the reason. Thank you in advance for your help (screenshots in the attachment, save games also have).
Latest release in ratt is geb78e579-road-and-tram-types, released on 2018-03-22 03:00 UTC.
P.S. And so the game works without crash. Other problems I have not yet met :) .

The incorrect reversal of the trolley - he needs the ring to unfold. But if there are no roads in different directions on the ring, the trolleybus unfolds correctly. It is possible how to adjust or is this a feature of the game?
Attachments
Replace transport in OpenTTD ratt.rar
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
111.png
111.png (156.38 KiB) Viewed 3732 times
222.png
222.png (47.26 KiB) Viewed 3732 times
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

STD wrote:The incorrect reversal of the trolley - he needs the ring to unfold. But if there are no roads in different directions on the ring, the trolleybus unfolds correctly. It is possible how to adjust or is this a feature of the game?
The standard road vehicles in the base game exhibit the same behaviour; they'll prefer to turn around in a stub rather than a loop, because it's the shorter path (even though it's uglier, and not necessarily faster).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

PikkaBird wrote:
STD wrote:The incorrect reversal of the trolley - he needs the ring to unfold. But if there are no roads in different directions on the ring, the trolleybus unfolds correctly. It is possible how to adjust or is this a feature of the game?
The standard road vehicles in the base game exhibit the same behaviour; they'll prefer to turn around in a stub rather than a loop, because it's the shorter path (even though it's uglier, and not necessarily faster).
Thank you for your reply regarding the reversal of the vehicles. In principle I don't mind it :) . But if in the future developers will correct behavior of vehicles at the reversal, it will be very good.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

I found a (maybe huge) bug in RATT : as of version geb78e579, i can load savegames from ratt from stable (1.8.0) or JGR.
As ratt is a patch, normally savegames created with ratt shouldn't be able to be loaded with trunk. Can it be explained ?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

acs121 wrote:As ratt is a patch, normally savegames created with ratt shouldn't be able to be loaded with trunk. Can it be explained ?
Of course it can, computers never do anything that was not in their program, so the final, yet somewhat elaborate explanation is the 3 x 300,000+ lines of code used by each version that you can download.

A somewhat shorter version of the explanation is that savegames use a single number to state their origin, and different versions use partly (or possibly even completely) overlapping number ranges to identify a savegame. So if you have a savegame with a number that overlaps in all 3 versions, all versions will believe it is "their" save. That does however not mean they actually understand how to load the game successfully. Some will bail out while loading, others will behave strangely, crash, or something else.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

STD wrote:When auto-updating of trams and trolleybuses, a message is issued: update failure (insufficient money).
You should check what's the autoreplace money limit you set on the settings, not the cost of a single vehicle.

Also thank you for the testing you are doing :)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Wolf01 wrote:
STD wrote:When auto-updating of trams and trolleybuses, a message is issued: update failure (insufficient money).
You should check what's the autoreplace money limit you set on the settings, not the cost of a single vehicle.

Also thank you for the testing you are doing :)
Thanks for the help! I checked and changed the parameter. This time the replacement was successful. Until the new problems I have not noticed. If anything, I would tell you in this thread :) .

I hope that soon new types of roads will appear in the trunk. I have big plans for the gameplay will be implemented, if this happens. Although I will still play on this special version of the game, where there is everything I need for a more interesting gameplay :)

Ideally, I would like to see new road types in any of the existing patchpacks :wink: .

Return to “OpenTTD Development”