NotRoadTypes

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NotRoadTypes

Post by andythenorth »

Kruemelchen wrote:*However, said vehicle doesn't adapt to the new max speed, unless the vehicle stops and accelerates again (either manually, or by stopping at a station etc.)
First guess, CB36 isn't being triggered for the vehicle. :twisted:

It would really help to have the test grf and a clean example savegame showing the problem (with no other grfs in the save). :)
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

andythenorth wrote:
Kruemelchen wrote:First guess, CB36 isn't being triggered for the vehicle. :twisted:

It would really help to have the test grf and a clean example savegame showing the problem (with no other grfs in the save). :)
Thank you for looking into this :)

I attached a save file with the used grfs (one for the road type, one for the RVs). There is only 1 RV in the savegame, which shows said phenomenon.
Attachments
TEST NRT Speed on unsurfaced roads.7z
(610.15 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

I think I also have a crash to report:
After an articulated vehicle enters a tile with a different road type, the game crashes with "Assertion failed at line 219 of /bamboo/src/roadveh_cmd.cpp: v->IsFrontEngine()"

(to me it looks like the RoadVehUpdateCache is also called, when an articulated part enters a tile with a different road type? :twisted:)
Attachments
NRT crash articulated vehicle.7z
crash on articulated vehicle (part) entering tile with different road type
(146.73 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

The fix above makes it now work for articulated vehicles, too. Neat! :D
andythenorth wrote:In the test savegame, the Trabi does change speed for me, depending on roadtype it goes 100km/h or 26km/h. But maybe there are other issues too?
That's weird it works for you ?(

I tested it again with a freshly compiled build, but for me the current speed of the Trabi isn't adopting to the (correctly changing) maximum speed. See attached screenshot.
For me the Trabi has to stop once to sync its current maximum speed with the maximum speed, which is updated by RoadVehicleUpdateCache. It doesn't change its current running speed when the cache is updated.
NRT speed not adopting.png
NRT speed not adopting.png (45.14 KiB) Viewed 4315 times
Edit: What is weird, too, is that current maximum speed is correctly adopted on another change of road type, however, it changes to the maximum speed of the old road type, not the new road type the vehicle just entered. Maybe the vehicle changes its speed before the new maximum speed is being updated?

So, for me it looks like this:
Vehicle runs on Road A at 32 km/h. Road A allows unlimited speed, and vehicle should run at 100 km/h.
Vehicle runs on Road B at 49 km/h. Road B allows for 49 km/h, but vehicle should run at 32 km/h.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Kruemelchen wrote:For me the Trabi has to stop once to sync its current maximum speed with the maximum speed, which is updated by RoadVehicleUpdateCache. It doesn't change its current running speed when the cache is updated.
Works for me now, but needs more testing. ;) Fix is https://github.com/andythenorth/NotRoad ... 30ffca5e0f
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

It is said that, if you enable newgrf_developer_tools, you would just need to click on "Apply changes" and the Trabbi's speed will be set to 32 kph.
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

andythenorth wrote:Works for me now, but needs more testing. ;) Fix is https://github.com/andythenorth/NotRoad ... 30ffca5e0f
Great, this works now for me! :D

Thanks a lot :)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Good day to all :D . I decided to play a little and test the latest version with new types of roads.

This version of the game (from March 8, 2017) behaves differently each time. Recently, everything worked with a similar set of GRF's, and now crash I began to observe. And I use only spool021 and road_hog-1.3.0. The map size is 256 by 256. I create a route of two stops in the same city. After taking the game off pause, the bus only leaves the bus depot and immediately crash. It all looks pretty funny :lol: :? .

By the way, if in the game use polroad set, the game will also collapse. By the way, what impact in this version of the game have: different sets of objects, different sets of transport (water, air and rail) and different sets of railway stations? And among road transport compatible only: spool021 and road_hog-1.3.0. If I start to use other sets,then immediately the game crash. All other road sets cannot be used with new types of roads. Well, okay. It's not so bad. So that await the from you more detailed answer.
Attachments
openttd-ratt-gd037ca99-road-and-tram-types-windows-win64 map 256 x 256.rar
(580.08 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

STD wrote:Good day to all :D . I decided to play a little and test the latest version with new types of roads.

This version of the game (from March 8, 2017) behaves differently each time. Recently, everything worked with a similar set of GRF's, and now crash I began to observe. And I use only spool021 and road_hog-1.3.0. The map size is 256 by 256. I create a route of two stops in the same city. After taking the game off pause, the bus only leaves the bus depot and immediately crash. It all looks pretty funny :lol: :? .

By the way, if in the game use polroad set, the game will also collapse. By the way, what impact in this version of the game have: different sets of objects, different sets of transport (water, air and rail) and different sets of railway stations? And among road transport compatible only: spool021 and road_hog-1.3.0. If I start to use other sets,then immediately the game crash. All other road sets cannot be used with new types of roads. Well, okay. It's not so bad. So that await the from you more detailed answer.
I'd tell you to get also, alongside Road-Hog, Supermop's fantastic Generic NRT vehicles. Road-Hog is very basic.
Also, for which roadtype is the bus ? From which GRF is it ? What roadtype was the depot ? The road it rolled on before crashing ? The stops ?

Other GRFs will not collide with NRT. Maybe show the GRF list ?
Last edited by acs121 on 21 Mar 2018 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

STD wrote:Good day to all :D . I decided to play a little and test the latest version with new types of roads.

Hi!
Thank you for the report, I seem to have rounded the problem to the NPF pathfinder, please use YAPF for vehicles until we fix the problem :)
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

acs121 wrote:I'd tell you to, instead get yourself Supermop's fantastic Generic NRT vehicles.
This is not helpful and discourages useful bug reports. Please don't do this
STD wrote:Good day to all :D . I decided to play a little and test the latest version with new types of roads
Wolf is investigating the savegame and thinks that the assert is reproducible when using NPF rather than YAPF. We don't know the actual cause / solution yet, but thanks for the report :)
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

I think I fixed the problem, the fix will be available on tomorrow's build.

Please test the game with NPF so we can be sure that the fix is effective and doesn't break other things.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I conducted three different tests on your recommendations today :) Not a single crash did not happen during this time. I used different GRF's sets (see attachment). In the end, I finally realized the following: 1. other types of transport (water, rail and air) do not harm this version of the game - you can apply all the sets together, 2. different sets of objects also do not interfere in the game, 3. different sets of railway stations also do not interfere, 4. Also using the polroad set does not give a crash in the game. So far everything is great. I just didn't check the different map sizes.
Desktop.rar
(4.24 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
Edit (11:40 am (UTC+04:00)): And now I tested with a lot of graphics with different map sizes (see the third version of the test plus the polroad set) (64 by 64, 128 by 128, 256 by 256, 512 by 512, 1024 by 1024, 2048 by 2048, 4096 by 4096). The crash did not happen not in one of the following cases :D .

Edit (11:50 am (UTC+04:00)): I have to do a test only on the version of the game from March 22, 2018.

Edit (12:05 pm (UTC+04:00)): I did a test recently. Crash in the game did not happen within 4 months. The result is successful at the moment :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

STD wrote:The result is successful at the moment :) Desktop_4 no crash (22.03.2018 with road types openttd).rar
Thanks, it's only with this kind of testing that NRT has a chance to get to trunk :)

It would be great if others could test.

The (official) cross-platform binary can be downloaded from https://www.openttd.org/en/download-ratt

NRT newgrfs can be found in the newgrf development forum, including those from supermop and Kruemelchen. ;)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

andythenorth wrote:
STD wrote:The result is successful at the moment :) Desktop_4 no crash (22.03.2018 with road types openttd).rar
Thanks, it's only with this kind of testing that NRT has a chance to get to trunk :)

It would be great if others could test.

The (official) cross-platform binary can be downloaded from https://www.openttd.org/en/download-ratt

NRT newgrfs can be found in the newgrf development forum, including those from supermop and Kruemelchen. ;)
I also hope that NRT will be included in the nightly version of OpenTTD :D . Because I like that the game has now become more types of roads. I always dreamed about it:) and what is the difference between yesterday's version (March 21) and today's (March 22)? What changes have been made besides the important fix? :)

It is with this link and I download all versions of the game with new types of roads :wink: . I'll checked in-game GRF created Kruemmelchen :)
Blends just fine. Now it is possible to carry out dirt roads through woods, mountain areas that was as in real life. After all not everywhere there is asphalt. Yes, there are sets of objects that allow you to put stones on the slopes of hills and mountains. That's pretty cool. :)
Attachments
Random.png
Random.png (153.28 KiB) Viewed 3782 times
Lesarthois
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lesarthois »

Well, I had a sudden crash issue with RATT.
Now, since recent updates, there are some progress : OpenTTD detect the crash and produced a crash report.
crash.dmp
(18.81 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
crash.log.txt
(17.86 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
(had to add .txt to upload it).
When I'll feel courageous enough, I'll try to check what NewGRF cause this... or what combination of them.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

Lesarthois wrote:Well, I had a sudden crash issue with RATT.
Now, since recent updates, there are some progress : OpenTTD detect the crash and produced a crash report.

crash.dmp

crash.log.txt
(had to add .txt to upload it).
When I'll feel courageous enough, I'll try to check what NewGRF cause this... or what combination of them.
The crash.sav savegame would be more handy, also are some more informations about what were you doing when the game crashed (like: "I was just watching it playing itself" or "I tried to build a road")
Lesarthois
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lesarthois »

Well that's the thing :
The game works well, until I try to load any saved game.
Then, after loading,t he game crashes when I hit "unpause".
I can load a savegame (at least in early stages of a game) but if I try to play it crashes.
But if I keep playing, the game doesn't crash.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”