Vehicle current inclination - related callback.

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Vehicle current inclination - related callback.

Post by lukasz1985 »

Simple question, or perhaps a feature request (that's somewhere between graphics development and the game development itself).

Is there a chance that the NML got passed current inclination callback for ground vechicles? How do you go about it?
I guess it wouldn't cause too much of a performance hit (seeing from the sources, the going-up and going-down bits only change when vehicle enters a slope).

Since I'm not really here to tell what level of legacy TT consistency is your target, would there be ever a chance that such a patch will get accepted?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Vehicle current inclination - related callback.

Post by FLHerne »

There's other_veh_z_offset, which could perhaps be abused in a similar way to CETS's smooth horizontal turns?

i.e. split each vehicle into three segments, two of which are invisible, then test whether one end is higher than the other.

Still, that would be a nasty hack even if it worked. :?
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Vehicle current inclination - related callback.

Post by lukasz1985 »

Yeah, indeed thats an ugly hack.. temporary, maybe.. I guess it would also force the RVs to be articulated, right :?:

Return to “OpenTTD Development”