Joker's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Joker's Patch Pack

Post by acs121 »

CodeVengeance wrote:So will he still update the patch pack?
He still is updating the patchpack, he just ragequitted from the forums :wink:
CodeVengeance
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CodeVengeance »

acs121 wrote:
CodeVengeance wrote:So will he still update the patch pack?
He still is updating the patchpack, he just ragequitted from the forums :wink:
Oh ok, thanks
Hey there, check out my Steam and YouTube Account!
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/code_vengeance/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFznez ... 6YdhHbhZ3w
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Are there new versions anymore?
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Argus wrote:Are there new versions anymore?
Don't ask us [1]. Noone of us will have the answer. Please check the Github repo for updates and the opening posting of this thread for further details.

Tschö, Auge

[1]: "Us" or "we" in the meaning of the visitors of this forum.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

The Dum Gamer
Engineer
Engineer

Joker's patch cant find English .lang file

Post by The Dum Gamer »

So, i downloaded the joker's patch directly from his youtube video, then when i unzipped it i got everything (i think) except for the .lang files, and when i looked in that folder it was empty. Then when i tried to run the game it said that there were no availible language packs. If you can help me with this please do and if you can share or send the file even better.
kamnet

Re: Joker's patch cant find English .lang file

Post by kamnet »

The Dum Gamer wrote: 03 Jan 2020 19:37 So, i downloaded the joker's patch directly from his youtube video, then when i unzipped it i got everything (i think) except for the .lang files, and when i looked in that folder it was empty. Then when i tried to run the game it said that there were no availible language packs. If you can help me with this please do and if you can share or send the file even better.
1. I moved your post over to the Joker's Patch Pack topic, so that people who do use it can see it and possibly offer help.

2. Keldor Katarn is no longer involved in the OpenTTD community and game development, and hasn't supported this patch pack in two years. He's deleted his posts and files here, and he's also not answered any support questions on his GitHub repository. It is likely you may not ever be able to resolve this issue.
The Dum Gamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Dum Gamer »

Although I have also had the same thing happen with the JGR's patch
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

You need to extract all the zip file not only openttd.exe
Dirtysquiryl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dirtysquiryl »

Awesome pack so far. I have only run into one issue but maybe I'm just missing something simple. I'm not able to purchase land, I get a message saying "can't build object...". I figured it was a GRF but I removed all as well as script i had on and still can't buy land in a new game.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Dirtysquiryl wrote: 03 Apr 2020 01:30 Awesome pack so far. I have only run into one issue but maybe I'm just missing something simple. I'm not able to purchase land, I get a message saying "can't build object...". I figured it was a GRF but I removed all as well as script i had on and still can't buy land in a new game.
Try using JGR Patch Pack instead, which is currently maintained and i can confirm has functioning land purchasing rights. ;)
Dirtysquiryl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dirtysquiryl »

I'll give it a shot, thank ya!
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Translink »

Is it still possible to download this? I downloaded the latest zip file, but I can't figure out how to actually get the game to run.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Translink wrote: 08 Feb 2021 23:34 Is it still possible to download this? I downloaded the latest zip file, but I can't figure out how to actually get the game to run.
It's still available to download from the GitHub repository. There's no pre-compiled binary, you would need to know how to compile it on your own, which varies from system to system. After that, once you get it compiled, you'll have a patch pack that is three years out of date, whose version of NewRoadTypes is broken and out of spec, and is no longer being supported by its creator.

Which all makes for a compelling reason for moderators to lock down this topic, until Keldor Katarn returns and requests it to be unlocked.
Last edited by kamnet on 09 Feb 2021 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locking down the topic.
Lt_Joker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lt_Joker »

The repository will remain available but since mine and JGR's packs were in the end almost identical and I don't have the time right now to constantly merge back changes which he's working on anyway as a main contributor we've agreed to just try and merge the few remaining features into his branch.
That's rating tooltips, treeline improvements, river generation and public roads and cargo payment rates based on average speed.
We're already in the process of getting all of those integrated, most already are.
Since his repo is also savegame compatible with mine except for logic signals, this pack is no longer necessary. But it WILL remain downloadable.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”