[patch] Terminus Airports v1.49 (OpenTTD 1.10.3)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Vetteman06
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [patch] Terminus Airports v1.45 (20180517)

Post by Vetteman06 »

Previous Updates:

v1.44 Changes
- Bug fix for Windy City Airport Landing incorrectly.
- Added special code to fix any aircraft affected by the Windy bug. (Will be removed in next update.)

v1.43 Changes
- Bug fix for airplanes stuck in hangar. Airplanes will now takeoff and circle back to land where it can find a terminal.
- Bug fix where the Airport Control window was not updating when owner/FLL changed.

v1.42 Changes
- Bug fix for owner check. vehicle owner is no longer checked against airport owner. Terminals are used exclusively.
- Bug fix for Passenger/Cargo check. Passenger planes no longer use cargo terminals as a check and vice versa.

v1.41 Changes
- Bug fix for multi company airport landings. Correctly uses airplane owner verses local company.

v1.40 Changes
- Airport Landings optimized. Airports will land airplanes a lot quicker now.
- In order to improve landings, planes will sometimes abort landing. They will resume normal holding pattern if this happens.
- Auto Terraform costs have been added.
- New Large Airport Schiphol.
- Infrastructure costs/maintenance will be per terminal now instead of airport.
- Added a compiled version for OpenGFX graphics users.
- CITY Airport Bug fix. (Hopefully stable now)
- Airport Control Window bug that would crash the game has been fixed.
- Terminal View Window bug that would crash the game has been fixed.
- Helicopters will now land correctly at the oil refineries.
- Fixed Goto Orders bug that would crash the game.

v1.30 Changes
- Airports can now be shared with multiple companies. (Airport owner can re-assign terminal owners.)
- All airport buildings/hangars now switched to grey color.
- The color grey is now reserved and used by OWNER_TOWN.
- New terminal Window can be opened by ALT+left click terminal
- Terminal Owner can be changed to another company.
- Full Load Lock is now accessible. "FLL" A plane with Full Load Orders cannot use that terminal.
- Depot Window changed to only show current owners vehicles.
- Show all Vehicles will now only show current owners vehicles.
- Bankruptcy of a company will remove terminal owners also. (Changed to OWNER_TOWN)
- If a company is bought, terminals will change ownership correctly.
- Bug fix, Terminal to Hangar bug fixed. (City airport was most prone to this bug,)
- Bug fix, City airport possible lock condition.
- Bug fix, Helicopter landing 0 tile bug. (Some airports now allow landing at terminals again. Others to follow.)
- New Airport Control window. (Replaces button for "Airport Close"). Can open terminal windows for re-assigning owner and for reserving a terminal FLL.
- Airport Reset option. (The will close the airport and reset all flags. May have to do it more than once. When all planes have left airport, reset one last time. Then re-open airport.)
- New Indianapolis Airport.
- Medium Airport Classification.
- Cargo payment changed to pay on transfer or delivery.

Previous Updates: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 0#p1163200
JayJ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JayJ »

I feel really dumb right now. I get this whenever I try to compile. I am sure I am missing something. Can anyone help me?

Code: Select all

Makefile:227: recipe for target 'video/sdl_v.o' failed
make[1]: *** [video/sdl_v.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jayj/Desktop/OpenTT-master/objs/release'
Makefile:56: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 1
Sai69
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sai69 »

Can I use this now because it is one year old and how to install patch?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Sai69 wrote: 20 Oct 2019 09:56 Can I use this now because it is one year old and how to install patch?
Sure, you can try to use it now, but the original author hasn't been here in a year and a half, and it still has issues.

How to install a patch? https://wiki.openttd.org/Patches
Sawich
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sawich »

Help compile for the latest version. I read all the instructions, searched on google, did not find information on how to do this correctly, downloaded various patches, but could not figure it out. And I want more opportunities.
PLEASE *(
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Sawich wrote: 25 Oct 2019 15:01 Help compile for the latest version. I read all the instructions, searched on google, did not find information on how to do this correctly, downloaded various patches, but could not figure it out. And I want more opportunities.
PLEASE *(
There is not going to be an easy way to do that with this patch, if at all.

The first problem you have is that the original developer has abandoned it. It's not been updated for the latest versions of OpenTTD. Somebody else would need to come along and adjust it to account for the many changes and updates that have happened. As a patch has to be applied against the core OpenTTD source code, it means that somebody else would also need to be responsible for creating any binaries so that players who do not know how to patch and compile code can use it. This isn't something that most people want to do for a single patch. But if somebody were to come along and maintain it regularly, then it might attract somebody else who maintains binaries for patch packs. But, as this patch still has significant bugs that haven't been resolved, and nobody is fixing them, that's not going to happen either.
Sawich
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sawich »

kamnet wrote: 25 Oct 2019 17:39
Sawich wrote: 25 Oct 2019 15:01 Help compile for the latest version. I read all the instructions, searched on google, did not find information on how to do this correctly, downloaded various patches, but could not figure it out. And I want more opportunities.
PLEASE *(
There is not going to be an easy way to do that with this patch, if at all.

The first problem you have is that the original developer has abandoned it. It's not been updated for the latest versions of OpenTTD. Somebody else would need to come along and adjust it to account for the many changes and updates that have happened. As a patch has to be applied against the core OpenTTD source code, it means that somebody else would also need to be responsible for creating any binaries so that players who do not know how to patch and compile code can use it. This isn't something that most people want to do for a single patch. But if somebody were to come along and maintain it regularly, then it might attract somebody else who maintains binaries for patch packs. But, as this patch still has significant bugs that haven't been resolved, and nobody is fixing them, that's not going to happen either.
huh thanks :3
so sad
Vetteman06
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [patch] Terminus Airports v1.47 (OpenTTD 1.10.1)

Post by Vetteman06 »

Not abandoned...

I just don't check very frequently.
I have updated it to 1.10.1 of OpenTTD and fixed a bunch of bugs.

If you find bugs, either post it here or on GitHub.
I will see them eventually.
EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EG0611 »

Hello Vetterman,

I hope this project will continue. I have an airport idea for you to test out; It is not related with any real life airport.I just designed something useful.

Stay safe
Baxtrey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Baxtrey »

Vetteman06 wrote: 15 May 2020 11:55 Not abandoned...

I just don't check very frequently.
I have updated it to 1.10.1 of OpenTTD and fixed a bunch of bugs.

If you find bugs, either post it here or on GitHub.
I will see them eventually.

Will there be any way to make this airport an official openttd airport? I was playing and the game I had was broken, it was 4mil x 4mil and it did not allow playing anymore, I really like this airport, I tried its different capacities with 150 planes, it has a fluid movement but with 210, it is already congested.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Instead of adding more predefined airport layouts, I think the consensus is that we'd much rather have proper NewGRF airports (where the layout and movements are defined by a NewGRF), or even have fully modular airports where you as a player can design the airport of your dreams.
EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [patch] Terminus Airports v1.44 (r27460)

Post by EG0611 »

kamnet wrote: 05 Jun 2016 22:10
JGR has repeatedly stated that Terminus Airport patch still has a lot of bugs and unresolved issues and isn't stable enough to include in his pack, but he does watch this topic.
I wonder if that statement has been changed since 2016. These airports with JGR's scheduled dispatch would be awesome.
Vetteman06
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vetteman06 »

omer584-
Adding a new airport could be done.
But what you have suggested won't work. Too many taxi blocks.

I modified the number of reservation blocks with my changes.
But the taxi limit is 60 blocks.

jfs-
Instead of adding more predefined airport layouts, I think the consensus is that we'd much rather have proper NewGRF airports (where the layout and movements are defined by a NewGRF), or even have fully modular airports where you as a player can design the airport of your dreams.
If you go back a few pages, I outline why this would be incredibly hard to do with airports.
I just modified the state machine in such a way to maybe help with the transition to newgrf.
But I won't try and tackle it...

However, with the changes to 1.10 and the changes I have made, it might be possible to separate the runways out.
Where you would have an airport core of terminals and hangars, and then the runways could be placed anywhere and taxiways placed to connect to the core.
Essentially the core would be one station and a runway would be another station joined to the core.
It would allow a player to add runways to an existing airport if needed.
It might require another state though... The holding pattern above the airport is fixed right now.

One of the big problems with airports is how people play.
I typically play with mix of 50/50. Where half the planes are "Full Load" and the other half not.
I created Terminus Airports to fit my play style.
If a player plays 0% "Full Load", then those airports aren't as efficient.
Being able to add runways would make them more efficient. 3 Landing and 1 takeoff for instance.

But you would not be able to do an airport like San Fran where the runways cross.
And taxiways would have to be one way between runway and core.

Just not sure if it is worth it...
A whole lot of work just to make airports a little more efficient.
EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EG0611 »

Vetteman06 wrote: 29 May 2020 11:19 omer584-

Hello Vetteman,

I edited airport and now it has 59 taxiway blocks and number of gates become 43.

I also designed another airport on my free time;

Also I want to ask that what do you think about combining with JGR patch or maybe making a NewGRF version that works on JGR patch. JGR have the "scheduled dispatch" feature that allows you to timetable vehicles by minutes and it would be really entertainment with massive airports working on clock.
Baxtrey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Baxtrey »

omer584 wrote: 29 May 2020 13:32

Hello Vetteman,

I edited airport and now it has 59 taxiway blocks and number of gates become 43.

I also designed another airport on my free time;

Also I want to ask that what do you think about combining with JGR patch or maybe making a NewGRF version that works on JGR patch. JGR have the "scheduled dispatch" feature that allows you to timetable vehicles by minutes and it would be really entertainment with massive airports working on clock.
Could you tell me how this is done? I really love this airport and would like it to be in newGRF, because the international airport is not as powerful as I would like
EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EG0611 »

I designed them via "Fake Airports Objects" newGRF. Basically all I do is placing props around and make an airport.

It is not functional
Baxtrey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Baxtrey »

omer584 wrote: 29 May 2020 14:33 I designed them via "Fake Airports Objects" newGRF. Basically all I do is placing props around and make an airport.

It is not functional
I understand, but would there be a way to get back a shareable graph? and if there is I would like to know how to do it, let's see and I will try
EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EG0611 »

Baxtrey wrote: 29 May 2020 14:41
I understand, but would there be a way to get back a shareable graph? and if there is I would like to know how to do it, let's see and I will try
I don't know
Baxtrey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Baxtrey »

jfs-
If you go back a few pages, I outline why this would be incredibly hard to do with airports.
I just modified the state machine in such a way to maybe help with the transition to newgrf.
But I won't try and tackle it...

However, with the changes to 1.10 and the changes I have made, it might be possible to separate the runways out.
Where you would have an airport core of terminals and hangars, and then the runways could be placed anywhere and taxiways placed to connect to the core.
Essentially the core would be one station and a runway would be another station joined to the core.
It would allow a player to add runways to an existing airport if needed.
It might require another state though... The holding pattern above the airport is fixed right now.

One of the big problems with airports is how people play.
I typically play with mix of 50/50. Where half the planes are "Full Load" and the other half not.
I created Terminus Airports to fit my play style.
If a player plays 0% "Full Load", then those airports aren't as efficient.
Being able to add runways would make them more efficient. 3 Landing and 1 takeoff for instance.

But you would not be able to do an airport like San Fran where the runways cross.
And taxiways would have to be one way between runway and core.

Just not sure if it is worth it...
A whole lot of work just to make airports a little more efficient.
This is my problem https://subefotos.com/ver/?9939d1cfd6c2 ... b2f7eo.png
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Giving this a go with v1.47, and I got myself a nice little tie-up on the Indianapolis airport.
Attachments
airporttest1.sav
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 202 times

Return to “OpenTTD Development”