[patch] Terminus Airports v1.48 (OpenTTD 1.10.1)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baxtrey
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [patch] Terminus Airports v1.47 (OpenTTD 1.10.1)

Post by Baxtrey »

kamnet wrote:
29 May 2020 23:14
Giving this a go with v1.47, and I got myself a nice little tie-up on the Indianapolis airport.
Hello, I hope this is good, do you know if there is a way to make this airport officially?

EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [patch] Terminus Airports v1.47 (OpenTTD 1.10.1)

Post by EG0611 »

kamnet wrote:
29 May 2020 23:14
Giving this a go with v1.47, and I got myself a nice little tie-up on the Indianapolis airport.
Ouch that looks horrible. Looks like planes want to go to hangar and planes want to take off deadlock themselves.
Baxtrey wrote:
30 May 2020 02:36

Hello, I hope this is good, do you know if there is a way to make this airport officially?
With these kinds of deadlocks, I don't think this newGRF can be included to base game.

Vetteman06
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [patch] Terminus Airports v1.48 (OpenTTD 1.10.1)

Post by Vetteman06 »

As far as adding this to the base game...
It will not happen, devs already made that clear.

Kamnet-
Thanks for the report. Fixed and updated to 1.48.

I made a way to recover from a deadlocked airport.
Just open the airport window up and click the "Airport Control" button at bottom.
Click the "Reset Airport" button to start the reset. (May have to click it multiple times to clear completely.)
After the airport is clear, click it one more time to make sure there are no reservations.
Then re-open it.

Baxtrey-
Were you able to get it running? I could not tell from that screenshot what was wrong. Will need the crash.log file.

Airport design info-
Hangars max = 8
Passenger Terminals max = 36
Helipads max = 12 (These share with Cargo Terminals)
Cargo Terminals max = 12 (These share with Helipads.)
Runways max = 8
Taxiways max = 60

128 bits max for blocks. 4 are reserved for closing the airport and Nothing being blocked.
124 above are all that's available without adding an additional 64.

Since it is likely that an airplane will need maintenance in flight, you should have a hangar near the exit of landing runways.
This will allow planes to service before they go to the terminal.
Example: Terminus airports have a hangar right after landing and right before takeoff.
The further a hangar is from any given terminal, means it will be harder for the plane to path to that hangar.

It takes 20+ hours to add a new airport.
I will only add a new airport if it specifically fills a gap others do not fill or that it has some unique characteristic.

EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EG0611 »

I will go and try to design something with these limitations. Maybe results come good to be added but for now I would entertain myself.

I would also like to ask that, could players add newGRF to default game or to other patches (like JGR) as a newGRF mod? As far as I get is that we can only play with these airports on OpenTTD patches (8 and 32 bbp) you provide.

Vetteman06
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vetteman06 »

omer584-
This is not a NewGRF mod. The only NewGRF stuff is the airport mini views for the selector and the terminal pad itself.
This is a patch.
I have made a lot of changes to the state machine for airports. All of this was done in code.
The movement of planes on the airport are designed around the state machine changes.
The only way to play these airports is using this patch.

The overall desire of the OpenTTD devs is to migrate airports to be NewGRF only.
But the effort involved to make that happen would be massive.
Which is why no one has tried to tackle it that I know of.
At least I have not seen anything for the last 5+ years anyway...

A patch pack owner would have to add this code to their pack in order to use these airports.
I can understand the reluctance to do so as this patch touches a lot of files...

Return to “OpenTTD Development”