Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1751 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 4788 Next
 Post subject: Re: JGR's Patch Pack
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:48 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Cadde wrote:
This looks quite suspiciously like a typo: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... e.cpp#L182
Code:
power = power_temp * 74611;
Shouldn't it be:
Code:
power = power_temp * 746ll;

power_temp should be multiplied by 746 for HP to Watts, not 74,611. The end of the corrected line has double L's for "long long int" as used further up in the function. Right?

I agree, thanks for letting me know, that's well spotted.
This is in the repo and will be in the next release.

Dad-Coder since April 2018

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:33 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Yeah, i was scrutinizing acceleration code for this:

So i just happened on it by chance, because i didn't care about breakdowns in my app anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:28 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi. I am a JGR Patch Pack user from South Korea.

Thank you for developing such a amazing patch pack.

I am using this patch pack in Korean, but there is still un-translated statements, including 'scheduled dispatch'.

I cannot understand how to use this feature.

There are even no information in Korean OTTD communities.

Therefore, Could you explain what is 'scheduled dispatch', and how to use it?

If I didn't find information about this...(include the information written by English ), you could inform me a link about it.

Because I am not good at English... I am so sorry that this reply would feel rude or awkaward.

나의 SM-N900S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:07 am 
Engineer
Engineer

I wrote the document two page back (page 43). Link : https://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=73469&start=840#p1188288

I believe translation is going to be in the next release.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:43 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I am having an interesting problem wherein a block signal will spontaneously refuse to let a train pass, even when there are no obstructions on the line. I do not know how to reproduce this error because it happens infrequently, but as you can imagine it presents a large disruption to service when a mainline is blocked. After the signal is cleared manually, it works as normal. This may be due to the large number of signals on the network (almost 18,000) or the large number of trains.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:05 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

p4nzer wrote:
I am having an interesting problem wherein a block signal will spontaneously refuse to let a train pass, even when there are no obstructions on the line. I do not know how to reproduce this error because it happens infrequently, but as you can imagine it presents a large disruption to service when a mainline is blocked. After the signal is cleared manually, it works as normal. This may be due to the large number of signals on the network (almost 18,000) or the large number of trains.

Thanks for reporting this, could you post the savegame, and point out which signal it is?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:09 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

May I Make a question?
Is there any possibility of giving support of this PP for android devices in the future? (Maybe a crossed fork of pelya's port) :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:38 am 
Engineer
Engineer

JGR wrote:
p4nzer wrote:

Thanks for reporting this, could you post the savegame, and point out which signal it is?

Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwiaP ... 2toTnR0bkU

Broken signal is at 258 x 218 x 1.

Here's a screenshot: http://puu.sh/wMr4I/e34b6dcbd6.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:16 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

p4nzer wrote:
Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwiaP ... 2toTnR0bkU

Broken signal is at 258 x 218 x 1.

Here's a screenshot: http://puu.sh/wMr4I/e34b6dcbd6.png

I'm testing a fix for this at the moment.

In the meantime, you should switch the setting "automatic reversing at signals" to off.

einsteinyh wrote:
May I Make a question?
Is there any possibility of giving support of this PP for android devices in the future? (Maybe a crossed fork of pelya's port) :roll:

I would doubt that this is likely to happen. It would require someone else on the Android side to take it on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:50 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

JGR wrote:
einsteinyh wrote:
May I Make a question?

I would doubt that this is likely to happen. It would require someone else on the Android side to take it on.

I won't port patchpacks to Android, sorry. I don't even bother adding new features to the regular Android version anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:05 am 
Director
Director

I have a crash to show you! It appears to happen whenever I try to clone a vehicle with a sub-cargo.

Attachments:
OpenTTD JGR Crash @ 0758 24-07-17.txt [39.93 KiB]
Downloaded 25 times
crash.dmp [18.94 MiB]
Downloaded 14 times

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:44 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Gwyd wrote:
I have a crash to show you! It appears to happen whenever I try to clone a vehicle with a sub-cargo.

Thanks for reporting this.
This is a bug in the scheduled dispatch feature in that it does not correctly handle the case of cloning a vehicle with an empty orders list.
This will be fixed before the next release.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:59 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

In the savegame I posted earlier, the group that includes train 14 has a problem wherein the trains will occasionally be dispatched with their schedules set either as being absurdly early (>500 minutes) or as "not started." This causes all of the trains to group up at the first station stop, which blocks other trains. This happens only sometimes, but it has happened reliably over the several weeks I've been playing with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:10 am 
Engineer
Engineer

p4nzer wrote:
In the savegame I posted earlier, the group that includes train 14 has a problem wherein the trains will occasionally be dispatched with their schedules set either as being absurdly early (>500 minutes) or as "not started." This causes all of the trains to group up at the first station stop, which blocks other trains. This happens only sometimes, but it has happened reliably over the several weeks I've been playing with it.

I will try to look into this, but no promise. The behaviour your describe does not make sense at all with fixed timetable, so I suspect the problem might occurs only when automated timetable is active along with scheduled dispatch. Thanks for reporting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:27 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I'm trying to get into scenario creating and releasing, i've got JGR patch pack installed currently.

Will scenarios i make with this pack play as anticipated on the normal OpenTTD, or should I scenerio create with a seperate installation?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:40 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Redirect Left wrote:
I'm trying to get into scenario creating and releasing, i've got JGR patch pack installed currently.

Will scenarios i make with this pack play as anticipated on the normal OpenTTD, or should I scenerio create with a seperate installation?

The latter. Although a topic for JGRPP-only scenarios would be nice.

EDIT: Along with NotRoadTypes, could you keep an eye on Juanjo's patches, JGR? Like NRT they're a long time coming, so watching the progress is all I'm asking. Hopefully these changes will be stable enough one day to include, though they'll likely need to go to trunk rather than included.

EDIT 2: You did something with a house patch because of desync issues. Are you aware of the following? viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68894&start=60#p1188979

You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:14 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Could you make the OpenGFX + Airports Seaplane Airport usable in your Patchpack like in the Joker Patchpack?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:32 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

BW89 wrote:
Could you make the OpenGFX + Airports Seaplane Airport usable in your Patchpack like in the Joker Patchpack?

Download the latest nightly version of OpenGFX+ Airports, it includes the seaplane airport now.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:37 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Redirect Left wrote:

Won't play well with normal OpenTTD, you could make it originally in a stable OpenTTD version, and then use that to make a JGR version.

EDIT: Also, looked at the New Road Types and that custom Airport patch.

:shock:

Stuff like this was unthinkable when I first joined back in 2008.

Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:35 am 
Engineer
Engineer

kamnet wrote:
BW89 wrote:

Download the latest nightly version of OpenGFX+ Airports, it includes the seaplane airport now.

I am using the latest nightly but i cant place the seaplane Airport in the Water.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1751 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 4788 Next