JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers


Ro(V)eO
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Mar 2005 12:25
Location: Frankfurt / Germany

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Ro(V)eO » 30 Dec 2018 21:57

vincentkoevoets wrote: Hmm.. it is possible that I did not compile with the libraries included. I will compile again with
--enable-static and upload the file again.

EDIT
I compiled again with --enable-static, but it comes out the same size as before. I suggest you try the attached file, and see if it works. If it doesn't, maybe one of the more technical people here can help?

Same error message as before:

Code: Select all

Process:               openttd [6066]
Path:                  /Volumes/VOLUME/*/OpenTTD.app/Contents/MacOS/openttd
Identifier:            org.openttd.openttd
Version:               ??? (???)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           openttd [6066]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2018-12-30 22:54:19.961 +0100
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14 (18A391)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        D83809E1-01BF-4BD0-4283-4AD10F7EA38E

Sleep/Wake UUID:       E1EC4A50-39F1-4A67-86D0-441B19DD5D49

Time Awake Since Boot: 26000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       3800 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Notes:                 Translocated Process

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/liblzo2.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/*/OpenTTD.app/Contents/MacOS/openttd
  Reason: image not found

User avatar
vincentkoevoets
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Nov 2014 10:49
Location: Assen, Netherlands

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by vincentkoevoets » 31 Dec 2018 08:46

Ro(V)eO wrote: Same error message as before:

Code: Select all

Process:               openttd [6066]
Path:                  /Volumes/VOLUME/*/OpenTTD.app/Contents/MacOS/openttd
Identifier:            org.openttd.openttd
Version:               ??? (???)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           openttd [6066]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2018-12-30 22:54:19.961 +0100
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14 (18A391)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        D83809E1-01BF-4BD0-4283-4AD10F7EA38E

Sleep/Wake UUID:       E1EC4A50-39F1-4A67-86D0-441B19DD5D49

Time Awake Since Boot: 26000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       3800 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Notes:                 Translocated Process

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/liblzo2.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/*/OpenTTD.app/Contents/MacOS/openttd
  Reason: image not found
I'm afraid this goes well above my pay grade.. :roll: So maybe anyone here can help you along?
I did everything mentioned in the guide here https://wiki.openttd.org/Compiling_on_Mac_OS_X using Macports.

Ro(V)eO
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 33
Joined: 01 Mar 2005 12:25
Location: Frankfurt / Germany

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Ro(V)eO » 01 Jan 2019 16:38

vincentkoevoets wrote:
I'm afraid this goes well above my pay grade.. :roll: So maybe anyone here can help you along?
I did everything mentioned in the guide here https://wiki.openttd.org/Compiling_on_Mac_OS_X using Macports.
Well then, I'll try it again, this time using MacPorts and trying to follow the instructions you mentioned.

And by the way: Happy new year! :))

edit: installed all necessary libraries and still got the error message...

dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 334
Joined: 20 Sep 2006 23:43
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by dasy2k1 » 02 Jan 2019 01:40

Not sure where the timetable based seperation is these days (is it in trunk or in the timetabling patch?)

but a really useful feature for it would be "do not wait if vehicle full" (switchable option)
that way a vehicle that is supposed to wait at a station for departure due to separation issues would depart immediatly on load reaching 100%
if it was supposed to wait 50 ticks but loaded full in 30 the it would leave after 30 and wait again at the next stop until it was seperated or was full again and so on

User avatar
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3063
Joined: 24 Apr 2007 09:37
Location: Straya

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Emperor Jake » 02 Jan 2019 12:57

Hi, I'm trying to start a dedicated server. However when I compile the patchpack on my linux server it's version jgrpp-0.28.0-52-whatever instead of just 0.28.0, which obviously results in a version mismatch when trying to join. Any tips to help out a compiling noob? :)
--Stuff I made (or helped make)--
ImageImageImageImage

--My Award-Winning Screenshots and Videos--

Auge
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 383
Joined: 23 Oct 2006 02:07
Location: Berlin

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Auge » 02 Jan 2019 13:16

Hello
Emperor Jake wrote:Hi, I'm trying to start a dedicated server. However when I compile the patchpack on my linux server it's version jgrpp-0.28.0-52-whatever instead of just 0.28.0, which obviously results in a version mismatch when trying to join. Any tips to help out a compiling noob? :)
Did you compile the outchecked release tag from the repository or did you compile the master branch?

Tschö, Auge

User avatar
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3063
Joined: 24 Apr 2007 09:37
Location: Straya

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Emperor Jake » 02 Jan 2019 13:28

Auge wrote: Did you compile the outchecked release tag from the repository or did you compile the master branch?

Tschö, Auge
I'm new to this Github stuff, clearly I need to familiarise myself. I used this to retrieve the source:

Code: Select all

git clone git://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-patches.git
--Stuff I made (or helped make)--
ImageImageImageImage

--My Award-Winning Screenshots and Videos--

User avatar
Gliptal
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 80
Joined: 01 Dec 2013 01:11

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Gliptal » 02 Jan 2019 13:32

Emperor Jake wrote:
Auge wrote: Did you compile the outchecked release tag from the repository or did you compile the master branch?

Tschö, Auge
I'm new to this Github stuff, clearly I need to familiarise myself. I used this to retrieve the source:

Code: Select all

git clone git://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-patches.git

Code: Select all

git checkout jgrpp-0.28.0
then compile.

User avatar
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3063
Joined: 24 Apr 2007 09:37
Location: Straya

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Emperor Jake » 02 Jan 2019 15:05

Gliptal wrote:

Code: Select all

git clone git://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-patches.git

Code: Select all

git checkout jgrpp-0.28.0
then compile.
Thanks, I've managed to compile it correctly after a bit more faffing around :)
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 03 Jan 2019 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
--Stuff I made (or helped make)--
ImageImageImageImage

--My Award-Winning Screenshots and Videos--

Auge
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 383
Joined: 23 Oct 2006 02:07
Location: Berlin

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Auge » 02 Jan 2019 19:19

Hello
Emperor Jake wrote:
Gliptal wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:

Code: Select all

git clone git://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-patches.git

Code: Select all

git checkout jgrpp-0.28.0
then compile.
Thanks, I've managed to compile it correctly after a bit more faffing around :)
And is it done, it is outdated. ;-)

Tschö, Auge

User avatar
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3063
Joined: 24 Apr 2007 09:37
Location: Straya

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Emperor Jake » 03 Jan 2019 10:55

Updating was pretty easy, I'm starting to get the hang of this :)
--Stuff I made (or helped make)--
ImageImageImageImage

--My Award-Winning Screenshots and Videos--

User avatar
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1654
Joined: 09 Oct 2011 13:51
Location: The Netherlands

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Quast65 » 04 Jan 2019 07:46

Code: Select all

63.Multiple rail types per tile (added in v0.29.0)
Thank you!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Example534.png
(154.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Still very much WIP, will try to come up with a test-GRF somewhere in the next couple of weeks
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.

mak
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 76
Joined: 30 Sep 2015 13:16

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by mak » 04 Jan 2019 09:13

Getting weird effects, is it me.

Downloaded 29 and started new game as experiment, railway lines display OK unless muti types per square.
Attachments
Wunfingwell Transport, 2011-01-28.png
(729.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet

User avatar
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1967
Joined: 08 Aug 2005 13:46
Location: Ipswich

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR » 04 Jan 2019 09:36

mak wrote:Getting weird effects, is it me.

Downloaded 29 and started new game as experiment, railway lines display OK unless muti types per square.
Which GRF is that?
Ex TTDPatch Coder, Grumpy Greymuzzle
Avatar by MoonsongWolf.
Patch Pack, Github
Dad-Coder since April 2018

mak
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 76
Joined: 30 Sep 2015 13:16

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by mak » 04 Jan 2019 09:48

Best thing I can give is a new save game.

Thank you for looking at this.
Attachments
Chentwood Transport, 2011-01-06.sav
(222.73 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

User avatar
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1967
Joined: 08 Aug 2005 13:46
Location: Ipswich

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR » 04 Jan 2019 11:56

mak wrote:Best thing I can give is a new save game.

Thank you for looking at this.
Thanks, I've made a fix for this type of track GRF, it'll be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder, Grumpy Greymuzzle
Avatar by MoonsongWolf.
Patch Pack, Github
Dad-Coder since April 2018

mak
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 76
Joined: 30 Sep 2015 13:16

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by mak » 04 Jan 2019 12:02

Much appreciated.

Thank you

User avatar
Gord
Chairman
Chairman
Posts: 775
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 10:14
Location: Upper Gornal, Dudley

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Gord » 05 Jan 2019 13:12

Loving the addition of purchasing larger areas of land, along with the Grassy Knoll GRF, it means I can control which roads towns can build on.

Is it possible to apply the same concept of dragging over larger areas to New Objects? It would make placing the Dutch Motorway objects a lot less tedious for example.

Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 7414
Joined: 17 Jan 2007 00:14

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Eddi » 05 Jan 2019 17:31

maybe i imagined this, but i thought the NewGRF could control whether an object is draggable or not.
You might not exactly be interested in Ferion, but if you are, have fun :)

Post Reply

Return to “OpenTTD Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests