JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

selli69
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by selli69 »

Hi JGR!
This has been asked for before, I'm not inclined to include it.
It has the fairly fundamental flaw of not working at all in the presence of junction tiles.
Implementing this sort of functionality properly would need a quite different and more involved design.
No problem! If a patch does its job not completely right then it's better to omit it.

After playing a lot the last weeks, i had the idea of extending conditional orders. Is it possible to implement a condition like "jump to order xx when next station has more/less than xxx of a certain cargo"? The reason asking for this is that i always run in the situation where supplies piles up on distributing stations and by that the rating for the supplies factory and the adjactent station goes down. With this conditional order it would be possible to cut down overproduction in a simple way.

Again, thanks for consideration and if there is a workaround for my problem, pls give a short hint.

Greetz,
selli
sadsack5000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sadsack5000 »

Hi, first time poster here so forgive my noobishness

Openttd 1.7.0 is the current version on the main download site. If i install 1.7.0, then download and overwrite all the files with those in the patch will it work ok?
I dont want to break anything before i've even got started!

Thanks
selli69
Engineer
Engineer

Post by selli69 »

sadsack5000 wrote: Openttd 1.7.0 is the current version on the main download site. If i install 1.7.0, then download and overwrite all the files with those in the patch will it work ok?
I dont want to break anything before i've even got started!
Thanks
This will probably not work.

The opening post says:
Version 0.18.0 is based on trunk r27846
which is a 1.6.x Version. The patchpack isnt ported to 1.7.0 yet.

Simplest way to get a working and patched openttd with patchpack 0.18.0 is: Greets
sadsack5000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sadsack5000 »

Sorry i think i probably exagerated my level of computer skills when i said i was a noob, perhaps "newnoob" or "hypernoob" is more fitting

You mentioned for me to compile the data from a souce code, im sorry but that will likely take me an eternity to learn how to do that. Is there not an easier way?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

sadsack5000 wrote:Sorry i think i probably exagerated my level of computer skills when i said i was a noob, perhaps "newnoob" or "hypernoob" is more fitting

You mentioned for me to compile the data from a souce code, im sorry but that will likely take me an eternity to learn how to do that. Is there not an easier way?
If you are running Windows there are binaries in the first post of this thread. If you are new to such things I would not recommend attempting to build from source on Windows.
If you are on a Unixy platform (Linux, BSD, Mac, etc.) then you should compile as per selli69's suggested instructions.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
narrow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by narrow »

sadsack5000 wrote:Sorry i think i probably exagerated my level of computer skills when i said i was a noob, perhaps "newnoob" or "hypernoob" is more fitting

Hi and welcome.

Go to page 0ne of this thread, download/save the zip file for your system 32 or 64 bit assuming you are using Windows

Make a new folder, in possibly your Documents file rename the folder to anything you like lets say 'JGR pack', unzip the download to the new folder.

When done, open the new folder and then the contained file, you will find a shortcut to the application, for convenience move that shortcut to your desktop.
Cadde
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Cadde »

If there's one thing i am missing in this pack so far it's the lack of the CommutorZ setting for smoothness which generates natural terrain in the scenario editor. Any chance for that?
I have been running Chills patch pack forever but decided i wanted to give this a try.
sadsack5000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sadsack5000 »

narrow wrote: Hi and welcome.

Go to page 0ne of this thread, download/save the zip file for your system 32 or 64 bit assuming you are using Windows

Make a new folder, in possibly your Documents file rename the folder to anything you like lets say 'JGR pack', unzip the download to the new folder.

When done, open the new folder and then the contained file, you will find a shortcut to the application, for convenience move that shortcut to your desktop.

Hooray that worked! :P :P :P
I just had to download the opengfx, opensfx and openmfx addons and i was all set

Thankyou very much for your help
Stigah
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stigah »

Just a question. Is it possible to add "Yellow Path Signals" patch to JGRPP? :)

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=74451&hilit=Yellow+signals

Or is it something I can easily fix myself?
Alkel U3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alkel U3 »

Hi. I got a crash with 0.18.0. It occurred when I turned autoseparation on a train off (no idea if that had any influence), input waiting time at a station and then confirmed the text input dialogue (most probably with enter key, though it isn't totally impossible that it was a mouse click on ok button). I haven't been able to reproduce it so far even following the same steps. Crash files attached. System is Ubuntu x86_64, compiled from source on prescribed revision of trunk.

Next on the list, I have this weird issue that after a number of launches (I haven't observed any trigger in particular) it doesn't accept keyboard input. I can control the game with mouse just fine but no shortcuts like X for transparency nor any text input. So far it seems to have been alleviated by either rebooting the computer or launching vanilla openttd instance (shared config directory at ~/.openttd). I am unsure whether this might be an issue with my system and not the patchpack itself but nevertheless I am writing it in case it is a bug or someone has a helpful advice. Thanks.
Attachments
crash.tar
Crash log, save and screenshot
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 34 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Stigah wrote:Just a question. Is it possible to add "Yellow Path Signals" patch to JGRPP? :)

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=74451&hilit=Yellow+signals

Or is it something I can easily fix myself?
This feature is too immature and limited in its current form to consider adding, in my opinion.
There are significant issues and questions regarding integration and behavioural choices between this feature and: block signals and other features in this patch pack.
I would suspect that trying to merge it yourself would be quite non-trivial.

Karn's more fully-featured version: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=74482 is significantly more interesting from my point of view, but this is also quite immature and would need significant further work before and after any potential merging. There are comments in the thread which discuss some of the more pertinent issues.
Alkel U3 wrote:Hi. I got a crash with 0.18.0. It occurred when I turned autoseparation on a train off (no idea if that had any influence), input waiting time at a station and then confirmed the text input dialogue (most probably with enter key, though it isn't totally impossible that it was a mouse click on ok button). I haven't been able to reproduce it so far even following the same steps. Crash files attached. System is Ubuntu x86_64, compiled from source on prescribed revision of trunk.
Thanks for reporting this issue, I've made a change to remove this particular edge-case which will be in the next release.
Alkel U3 wrote:Next on the list, I have this weird issue that after a number of launches (I haven't observed any trigger in particular) it doesn't accept keyboard input. I can control the game with mouse just fine but no shortcuts like X for transparency nor any text input. So far it seems to have been alleviated by either rebooting the computer or launching vanilla openttd instance (shared config directory at ~/.openttd). I am unsure whether this might be an issue with my system and not the patchpack itself but nevertheless I am writing it in case it is a bug or someone has a helpful advice. Thanks.
This is not a problem that I've observed (I'm running Xubuntu), and this does not sound straightforward to attempt to diagnose, but I will see about looking into it. Thanks for letting me know about it though.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Little idea I had,
How about, when you click on a station, the game draws out (or 'colors in') the segments of track outwards that trains that call at the station also visit? Essentially rapidly giving you a graphical representation of all of the routes in and out of the station that trains follow, so you can quickly see if there is a nice extra link you can give the station down already existing tracks and station?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Robje007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Robje007 »

Hello

I am trying to compile this patch pack on my pi 2 from source. But when I do: 'sudo make install'

I'm getting this output:

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.18.0/objs/lang'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.18.0/objs/lang'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.18.0/objs/setting'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.18.0/objs/setting'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.18.0/objs/extra_grf'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.18.0/objs/extra_grf'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.18.0/objs/release'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/OpenTTD-patches-jgrpp-0.18.0/objs/release'
[BUNDLE] Constructing bundle
[INSTALL] Installing OpenTTD

Somebody can help me with this?

Kind regards :bow:
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

It says "Installing OpenTTD", so it did what you asked, I think. Could you describe the problem?
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Robje007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Robje007 »

Yes, ofcourse. Well, it seems I can't run the application. When I enter the command "sudo service openttd start" it says that the service is not found.
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

Robje007 wrote:Yes, ofcourse. Well, it seems I can't run the application. When I enter the command "sudo service openttd start" it says that the service is not found.
As far as I know, service integration is not part of OpenTTD. You can find init script around on the internet that would create the service for you though.
Alkel U3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alkel U3 »

The easiest you can do is install "screen" and run openttd in that. No need for make install then, even. It's a bit hacky but works without much hassle, easily allowing to run multiple instances simultaneously.
Robje007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Robje007 »

Thanks got it working! :bow:

Does anybody know where the dedicated server get its information from?

For single-player it gets its information from /home/pi/.openttd

But it seems that multiplayer does not? Because I installed OpenGRF via the GUI of OpenTTD, but when I start dedicated it says the graphics pack can't be found? ?

EDIT: I found out that the baseset folder for dedicated multiplayer can be found in: /home/pi/OpenTTD-jgrpp/bin/baseset but where is the configuration file for dedicated multiplayer then?
drsid
Engineer
Engineer

Post by drsid »

Hi guys! Not sure if it ok, but...
1) Ive installed the game (1st msg of topic, proper win x64 version). 2) Clicked on Multiplayer 3) Choose the only 1 available server [tin01] with yellow mark to the right 4) Clicked Install missing NewGRF 5) Clicked install all 6) Cant join! Not all of the missing NewGRF can be installed! 7) Tryed to install manually - failed 8) Here is the list i ve end up with... (attached pic)
ThePic.JPG
The pic
(551.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

drsid wrote:Hi guys! Not sure if it ok, but...
1) Ive installed the game (1st msg of topic, proper win x64 version). 2) Clicked on Multiplayer 3) Choose the only 1 available server [tin01] with yellow mark to the right 4) Clicked Install missing NewGRF 5) Clicked install all 6) Cant join! Not all of the missing NewGRF can be installed! 7) Tryed to install manually - failed 8) Here is the list i ve end up with... (attached pic)
ThePic.JPG
You will need to obtain the missing NewGRFs from Simuscape. The author has intentionally not included them in the online content download system.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”