JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Denswillow
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Denswillow »

Eddi wrote: 18 Jul 2019 12:53 could you provide a savegame?
Here is one:
Attachments
Dontborough Transport, 2.  1. 1950.sav
(75.01 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote: 18 Jul 2019 06:11 In 0.32-RC1, a friend tried to use the info tool on a rail bridge head and the game crashed.
Thanks for reporting this, this issue should be fixed now.
Auge wrote: 18 Jul 2019 08:20 Please be aware of possibly mixing up the issue (in relation of JGRPP versus OpenTTD). I answered jfs who replied to the question about white borders for station tiles and cursor which is, as stated before by eddi, a trunk/OpenTTD feature. Even it would be possible to solve this inside JGRPP it would be preferable to solve it in trunk/OpenTTD for the whole audience. jfs stated that there are only white, blue and blinking red in trunk and not, as in JGRPP, additional colours from the zoning patch.

Tschö, Auge
I am aware that these colours are not currently present in trunk, however this does not imply that more colours could not be added to trunk, by means of additional sprites or otherwise, should the trunk developers choose to do so.

I agree with Redirect Left that the current situation is suboptimal, so I've made an adjustment to the colour scheme.
I think that it is more useful to fix the usability issue even if this presents a further divergence between branches, than it is to leave it in the hope that it will be addressed upstream.
If it is later addressed upstream and their fix is better I can just drop my fix and merge theirs.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i think it's a way more practical approach to try out the colour scheme here and then try to isolate the needed changes for it to backport it to trunk.
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

Denswillow wrote: 18 Jul 2019 10:49 I don`t know if this is the right place but I had a weird issue with JGRPP 32-rc1. It seems like vehicles don`t follow the speed limits set by the road set.
The same problem I experienced, tested PolRoad vehicles and NRT-modified road hog + various NRT roads. Road building works well, but vehicles always travel at their max speed, not road defined limit.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

sevenfm wrote: 18 Jul 2019 22:21
Denswillow wrote: 18 Jul 2019 10:49 I don`t know if this is the right place but I had a weird issue with JGRPP 32-rc1. It seems like vehicles don`t follow the speed limits set by the road set.
The same problem I experienced, tested PolRoad vehicles and NRT-modified road hog + various NRT roads. Road building works well, but vehicles always travel at their max speed, not road defined limit.
If the road defined limit is greater than the vehicle's max speed, then this would be proper behaviour.
The concern would be if the vehicle traveled at it's max speed while that max speed was greater than the road defined limit
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

But that is the problem,

using RattRoads 0.4.1 and Mop Generic NRT Vehicles 0.6.5 I can get a vehicle speed of over 60 mph on a dirt track.
The only speed control was the length of dirt track and vehicle power/torque.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
JGR wrote: 18 Jul 2019 17:03I am aware that these colours are not currently present in trunk …
Ok, then there's nothing more to say. :)
Eddi wrote: 18 Jul 2019 20:10i think it's a way more practical approach to try out the colour scheme here and then try to isolate the needed changes for it to backport it to trunk.
That's plausible. At the end it should be backported to trunk (or solved on another way). As JGR said, the current situation is "suboptimal".
wallyweb wrote: 19 Jul 2019 02:59The concern would be if the vehicle traveled at it's max speed while that max speed was greater than the road defined limit
Exactly that's the issue.

Tschö, Auge
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Thanks for reporting this. This should be fixed now, and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Guy from Wildesford
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Guy from Wildesford »

JGR wrote: 11 Jul 2019 21:38
Guy from Wildesford wrote: 10 Jul 2019 13:42I'll see if I've got something that isn't too huge and doesn't use any exotic GRFs installed past the fruit shop.
This should be fixed now, so don't worry too much about the savegame.
Looks like it is fixed, but I could only test it in the NRT branch where it is. The current master refuses to open any Spring PP savegame, claiming it was saved with a newer version of OpenTTD. (Again, the NRT branch doesn't.)

If you need a savegame to experiment with, here is one (I hope there are no "special" GRFs in it).
Eastern Railway, 29. Dez 1832.sav
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
p4nzer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p4nzer »

Add new distribution modes: asymmetric (equal) and asymmetric (nearest).
Can I get an explanation of these features? I wasn't able to find one in clicking through the last few pages. Cheers!
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Had a crash on my 32.0-rc1 server...
Attachments
crash.txt
(54.58 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

p4nzer wrote: 25 Jul 2019 07:04
Can I get an explanation of these features? I wasn't able to find one in clicking through the last few pages. Cheers!
The first one tries to distribute cargo such that each accepting destination receives an equal amount overall, regardless of distance from sources. This is primarily intended for supply cargoes (e.g. FIRS engineering/farming supplies).
The second one distributes cargo to which ever accepting destination is nearest.
SimYouLater wrote: 29 Jul 2019 21:23 Had a crash on my 32.0-rc1 server...
Thanks, this should be fixed now.
If could post the crash savegame I'll take a look at it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Here it is, but I don't think it works.
Attachments
crash.sav
(3.28 MiB) Downloaded 126 times
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
stb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by stb »

Hi,

There's a small bug (or new feature) appeared a couple months ago: shared cloning (CTRL-Clone vehicle/train... in depot window)
leaves the button pressed. Regular cloning (no CTRL) doesn't change the button state.
Can you return old behaviour? Sometimes I double cloning vehicles.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

stb wrote: 31 Jul 2019 15:01 Hi,

There's a small bug (or new feature) appeared a couple months ago: shared cloning (CTRL-Clone vehicle/train... in depot window)
leaves the button pressed. Regular cloning (no CTRL) doesn't change the button state.
That's a change from the master version. The idea behind it is that when cloning with shared orders (Ctrl-clone) players might often want to make multiple clones at once, while when copying each copy probably needs individual adjustments.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

JGR wrote: 29 Jul 2019 21:57
p4nzer wrote: 25 Jul 2019 07:04
The first one tries to distribute cargo such that each accepting destination receives an equal amount overall, regardless of distance from sources. This is primarily intended for supply cargoes (e.g. FIRS engineering/farming supplies).
The second one distributes cargo to which ever accepting destination is nearest.
SimYouLater wrote: 29 Jul 2019 21:23 Had a crash on my 32.0-rc1 server...
Thanks, this should be fixed now.
If could post the crash savegame I'll take a look at it.
SimYouLater wrote: 30 Jul 2019 19:06 Here it is, but I don't think it works.
Since you didn't see it without me quoting you... download/file.php?id=208574
Licenses for my work...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Some patience may be useful here, SimYouLater - JGR isn’t at your beck and call nor should he be expected to be.

Thanks,
Dave
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
eekee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eekee »

eekee wrote: 14 Apr 2019 17:34Ctrl-5 I've been using for years to make stations transparent. Now it's a redundant keybinding for polyline. I don't expect I'll ever use polyine. Not so big, but still: ?(
Using 0.31.3 now. Ctrl-5 sometimes makes stations transparent, but sometimes selects polyline. Which it selects appears to be random.
Extreme network builder. screenshot thread
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote: 31 Jul 2019 22:16Since you didn't see it without me quoting you... download/file.php?id=208574
I saw it the first time, there doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with the save. To reiterate, the fix for the crash will be in the next release.
stb wrote: 31 Jul 2019 15:01 Hi,

As answered above, this change is imported from upstream. I can look into adding another setting for the old behaviour.
eekee wrote: 02 Aug 2019 17:51
eekee wrote: 14 Apr 2019 17:34Ctrl-5 I've been using for years to make stations transparent. Now it's a redundant keybinding for polyline. I don't expect I'll ever use polyine. Not so big, but still: ?(
Using 0.31.3 now. Ctrl-5 sometimes makes stations transparent, but sometimes selects polyline. Which it selects appears to be random.
The hotkeys for polyrail were changed due to these clashes.
The old values may still be in your hotkeys.cfg file, if so deleting the corresponding lines ought to make the problem go away.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Compiling this on MacOS is a pain, do I really need to install 6 gigabytes of Xcode I don't need, to run single 17 mb application? :roll:

Return to “OpenTTD Development”