JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by acs121 »

Hi,

Anyone knows how to combine RATT (the patch allowing to use NRT NewGRFs like Trolleybi or Docklands) with JGR's patchpack ? If anyone has a precompiled file, it would make more than my day. Thanks.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote:
Auge wrote:Hello
Did you ever found a speed limit of 1mph for a broken rail vehicle?
Of course, I bought bankrupt company and got engine with 255 failures and 1mph speed limit. Additionally, the cost of the depot was above million GPB, so I was breathing heavily ;)
I've added some limits at the low end which should mitigate this.
I've added an equivalent implementation for road vehicles.
acs121 wrote:Hi,

Anyone knows how to combine RATT (the patch allowing to use NRT NewGRFs like Trolleybi or Docklands) with JGR's patchpack ? If anyone has a precompiled file, it would make more than my day. Thanks.
This is likely to be rather non-trivial, however it should not be technically impossible.
When NRT is done I may look into the feasibility of this.
(I assume that RATT is a synonym of NRT here).
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

RATT is actually this thing : https://www.openttd.org/en/download-ratt
It allows use of the NRT GRFs like Trolleybi, Docklands, Country Roads, Patched Road-hog...
It wouldn't need NRT to be finished, but i just can't choose between having shared stops and custom road bridgeheads but no trolleybuses and heavy-haul roads and the reverse thing.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

JGR wrote:
McZapkie wrote:
Auge wrote:Hello
Did you ever found a speed limit of 1mph for a broken rail vehicle?
Of course, I bought bankrupt company and got engine with 255 failures and 1mph speed limit. Additionally, the cost of the depot was above million GPB, so I was breathing heavily ;)
I've added some limits at the low end which should mitigate this.
I've added an equivalent implementation for road vehicles.
acs121 wrote:Hi,

This is likely to be rather non-trivial, however it should not be technically impossible.
When NRT is done I may look into the feasibility of this.
(I assume that RATT is a synonym of NRT here).
I think NRT/RATT could be included as most other patches in patch packs are also on similar levels of development. If you wait for NRT to finish, it could be YEARS and right now theres already a couple nice GRF's that would be nice for roads.

If possible it would be nice to have RATT included as soon as possible and then maybe RATT can get more exposure (though I'm not sure if they'll except bugs and suggestions for RATT from a patch pack)

-

Also would it be possible to add that patch that scales industry output with daylength? Its something I miss from the spring patch pack because it makes playing with longer daylegnths a little more enjoyable as the normal daylegnth patch means cargo trains take much much longer to load.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Well, i actually saw this once on the NRT thread :
"have people test it as they did NRT, and [...] have it placed in a patch pack (JGR seems most popular, a JGR eXperimental branch is likely what people will pay attention to) to make it work."

Despite this having been said, no precompiled version of JGR + RATT has been made or studied.
Though, i think even a crudely coded-up thing would be a dream becoming reality.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

acs121 wrote:Well, i actually saw this once on the NRT thread :
"have people test it as they did NRT, and [...] have it placed in a patch pack (JGR seems most popular, a JGR eXperimental branch is likely what people will pay attention to) to make it work."

Despite this having been said, no precompiled version of JGR + RATT has been made or studied.
Though, i think even a crudely coded-up thing would be a dream becoming reality.
Only thing is though is that its up to JGR to impliment it (which would be nice) and I doubt it'll be simple to make it work with so many other patches. Also gotta remember that Patch Pack creators are human too with lives and hobbies so we can't rush them to add something new.

Still it would be nice to have different road types, it just feels weird having 110 km/h coaches zipping through cities with trucks and buses rolling around at 50-60 km/h. I like the one road type grf that has speed limits so that it actually makes sense to actually build a highway to some extent to allow fast moving traffic to bypass towns and cities they dont serve in their route.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
p4nzer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p4nzer »

Would it be possible to add a "wait at waypoint" timetable feature similar to the "wait in depot" feature previously added?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

p4nzer wrote:Would it be possible to add a "wait at waypoint" timetable feature similar to the "wait in depot" feature previously added?
couldn't you just add time in the timetables if you need to have it wait at a waypoint.
p4nzer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p4nzer »

NekoMaster wrote:
p4nzer wrote:Would it be possible to add a "wait at waypoint" timetable feature similar to the "wait in depot" feature previously added?
couldn't you just add time in the timetables if you need to have it wait at a waypoint.
As far as I can tell, that would just make the train run early, not actually make it stop at the waypoint.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

NekoMaster wrote:
acs121 wrote:Still it would be nice to have different road types, it just feels weird having 110 km/h coaches zipping through cities with trucks and buses rolling around at 50-60 km/h. I like the one road type grf that has speed limits so that it actually makes sense to actually build a highway to some extent to allow fast moving traffic to bypass towns and cities they dont serve in their route.
Well, i have this issue too, with my intercity bus lines, and here's my soultion :
In the orders, add the stop of an urban / interurban line, and in the conditions, set "Pass by without stopping".
Then, in the timetable, set a speed limit, like 30 - 70km/h.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

if you want a train to wait at a waypoint, replace it with a station, and use both "no loading" and "no unloading", instead of "go via". note that this will make the train stop and start even if it is late and would leave right away.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Eddi wrote:if you want a train to wait at a waypoint, replace it with a station, and use both "no loading" and "no unloading", instead of "go via". note that this will make the train stop and start even if it is late and would leave right away.
+bad authority rating
+mess with cargodist links (in case of cargodist enabled)
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

You can also just build a depot accessible by the two directions. Then you can make your train wait at the depot.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

My solution is a siding with a depot ,wait at depot order .
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote:
Eddi wrote:if you want a train to wait at a waypoint, replace it with a station, and use both "no loading" and "no unloading", instead of "go via". note that this will make the train stop and start even if it is late and would leave right away.
+bad authority rating
Using both "no loading" and "no unloading" prevents any interference with cargodist.

Waypoints are handled significantly differently than stations, part of which is that vehicles do not stop.
I have doubts that adding stopping behaviour is a good idea.
I will look into the issue in due course.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

If you want to put a station in the range of the city, you can simply make the station 4-track, put a depot for the train to reverse, same thing at the other city's station and then add a train between the two stations, and the legend says it'll make magic.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

McZapkie wrote:+bad authority rating
in my experience, the authority rating doesn't really matter as long as there are other serviced stations in the town (like a bus/tram service)
cargodist is perfectly able to handle this, just make sure all the trains have non-stop orders.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

Eddi wrote:, just make sure all the trains have non-stop orders.
I fear you have missed the point.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
poete
Engineer
Engineer

Post by poete »

Possible bug with 'Use Improved Loading Algorithm' where multiple trains at a station with full load orders are loading cargo at the same time instead of waiting for the first train to get to 100%.

With two stations M1 (Mine 1) and Power everything is working fine. Two trains waiting for full load at M1 load as expected - the first train loads to 100% while the second waits at 0% until the first train has all the cargo it needs (ie - once the first train can reserve a full load the second train will start to load).

With three stations M1, M2 and Power (adding a second mine) this stops working. The orders are 1) Go to M1, 2) Go to M2 and full load, 3) Go to Power. At M2 (where trains wait for full load) multiple trains are loading simultaneously. They arrive with some % filled already and take turns to load the next batch of cargo produced by the mine. I expected (and wanted) the first train that gets there to fill up first.

Is this not working because they arrive with non-zero load percentage already? So the station thinks it can load them all?

Notes:
- there is a cargo shortage so the 1st train can't reserve all the cargo it needs
- this is a single-cargo setup, transporting coal from two mines
- please don't suggest changes to my rail network. I know I could run a shuttle between M1 and M2 but I'm trying to get it to work this way.
- I've noticed 'Use Improved Loading Algorithm' has disappeared from the settings menu (not sure since when) - guessing this is on by default now.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

To see if was trivial, I tried merging https://github.com/andythenorth/NotRoad ... tram-types into the JGR repo.

There are 14 merge conflicts. I didn't try to resolve any. A couple are just docs, but the rest are spread right across game internals and UI. Not trivial.

Even if the merge conflicts are resolved, that's no guarantee it works. But eh. ;)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”