JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Argus »

I experiment with idleAI and I made another company. The company name disappeared during the save and load .... It didn't happen to me before, maybe an error?
Bernasrebelo11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bernasrebelo11 »

HI
on the trains timetable when doing auto separation it says it can't because there's only 1 train. how to add more trains to the auto seperation
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

Dear JGR,

I've updated the German translation of your pp to be on par with v. 0.39.2.
I'll make a pull request for it on github :)

If anyone wants to proof-read:
https://github.com/kruemelmagic/OpenTTD ... age-german

Kruemelchen
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 22 Jan 2021 13:08 HI
on the trains timetable when doing auto separation it says it can't because there's only 1 train. how to add more trains to the auto seperation
To auto seperate choose the train that you want to share select goto in the trains orders. Use control (CRTL) button on key board and left click the train that has the order you wish to share.
You will notice the trains now have shared orders at the bottom of the route, the trains will then gradually make a timetable that keeps them auto seperated.
or if a new (second or more trains have not been bought)then clone the existing train with control (CRTL) and clone button in the engine shed, this will buy and share orders.
phobos2077
Engineer
Engineer

Post by phobos2077 »

Do you plan to update this to latest beta? There seems to have been a whole lot of changes in January. Too bad OpenTTD devs still stubbornly refuse to merge Day Patch into the main game. It's a must have for me.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

phobos2077 wrote: 24 Jan 2021 14:21 Do you plan to update this to latest beta? There seems to have been a whole lot of changes in January. Too bad OpenTTD devs still stubbornly refuse to merge Day Patch into the main game. It's a must have for me.
Yes, the upstream changes will be merged in the near future.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

phobos2077 wrote: 24 Jan 2021 14:21 Do you plan to update this to latest beta? There seems to have been a whole lot of changes in January. Too bad OpenTTD devs still stubbornly refuse to merge Day Patch into the main game. It's a must have for me.
LOL

Too bad JGR single-handedly maintains a huge patchpack including daylength.

Too bad that depends on a stable reliable upstream, because even a one-man army can't do everything.

But you know, keep bringing your entitlement to the internet. Happy days.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Ships sometimes stubbornly try to get to the nearest dock, to which there is no clear path. For example, if it is behind a narrow mainland neck. At the same time, there is another dock nearby, where it would reach without any problems.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 25 Jan 2021 18:00 Ships sometimes stubbornly try to get to the nearest dock, to which there is no clear path. For example, if it is behind a narrow mainland neck. At the same time, there is another dock nearby, where it would reach without any problems.
The ship pathfinder and ship movement in general leaves quite a bit to be desired.
I'd suggest making it as easy as possible for ships to find the correct target by liberal use of buoys, etc.
In general ships are not well suited to confined or complicated areas.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I don't know if the buoy would help in the given situation, the ship simply wanted to go repair it. She had flown that route at least ten times before without any problems. I'd rather have a canal there. I will avoid making it too complicated for ships. Thanks for advice.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Argus wrote: 25 Jan 2021 18:56 I don't know if the buoy would help in the given situation, the ship simply wanted to go repair it. She had flown that route at least ten times before without any problems. I'd rather have a canal there. I will avoid making it too complicated for ships. Thanks for advice.
You can try my Sea Lanes, Channels and Buoys. I created this GRF precisely for situations such as yours.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Thanks, I'll try :)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Graphic bug?
Frozen picture of ships
Remaining after reloading.
Attachments
Higgins & Co., 7. úno 1845.png
(530.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Higgins & Co., 9. úno 1845bug.sav
(10.83 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 26 Jan 2021 12:13 Graphic bug?
Frozen picture of ships
Remaining after reloading.
What exactly is supposed to be wrong here?

Some of your vehicles have wrong orders, but that isn't a graphics bug.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Sorry, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa :lol: :oops: I'll look better next time.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I led the river into a depression and created water there. There are black lines - if I do the same on the plane, it's okay.
Attachments
Higgins & Co., 18. lis 1852.png
(4.14 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

I can't find in source, if day_length_factor is used for scaling days in transit or not.
It would be awesome to have separate +- settings for this, thus user will be able either to shorten days in transit compensate longer days in case of increased day length, or opposite, increase day in transit to adjust payment curve to large maps.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 26 Jan 2021 13:15 I led the river into a depression and created water there. There are black lines - if I do the same on the plane, it's okay.
This is probably an issue with whatever GRF set you are using,
McZapkie wrote: 28 Jan 2021 13:11 I can't find in source, if day_length_factor is used for scaling days in transit or not.
It would be awesome to have separate +- settings for this, thus user will be able either to shorten days in transit compensate longer days in case of increased day length, or opposite, increase day in transit to adjust payment curve to large maps.
Days in transit is controlled by the vehicle's cargo ageing speed, which is NewGRF controlled. It is not actual days.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Bernasrebelo11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bernasrebelo11 »

So I'm messing with time schedules

my train orders are the next

Station A - Station B - Station C - Station B,
end of the order, so when the next order starts the train will go to A again and repeat

Let's say that there are 3-time schedules
8:00 am, 10:00 am, 12:00 am just like an example.

before the first time schedule, I want the train to be stored at Station D or waypoint which would mess with the train ride for the 10 and 12 schedules.

How do I do that without messing my orders?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Bernasrebelo11 wrote: 30 Jan 2021 22:51 So I'm messing with time schedules

my train orders are the next

Station A - Station B - Station C - Station B,
end of the order, so when the next order starts the train will go to A again and repeat

Let's say that there are 3-time schedules
8:00 am, 10:00 am, 12:00 am just like an example.

before the first time schedule, I want the train to be stored at Station D or waypoint which would mess with the train ride for the 10 and 12 schedules.

How do I do that without messing my orders?
This is not straightforward to implement without significantly changing your orders.
If you can divert the train to D and keep it there by using only routing restrictions that may be easiest. There is a current time/date conditional which you could use for this.
Alternatively you could use conditional orders. You could use the train in slot conditional order, and have some signal which does the slot assignment depending on the current time in the vicinity of A/D before the branch is evaluated.
It's probably worth doing some experimenting.

If you did want to change your orders you may find it easier to set up a 24 hour timetable and set of orders instead.

https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... Signalling is probably worth looking through if you haven't already.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”